What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP John Madden

abpanther

Staff member
Such an icon, all my childhood memories of watching the NFL revolved around him and Pat Summerall, did so much for the game.

He was so entertaining as a commentator, could talk about anything!

Rest in peace big man

shiznit

Coach
RIP Coach 🙏🙏🙏

Those merkins better come out and blow the door’s off the motherf**kin’ colts this weekend.

Season on the line… and now losing apart from Al Davis our greatest figure in Franchise history.

Eelectrica

Referee
Yeah. John Madden was a huge part of me growing up watching the NFL. First on Fox, then when he went the MNF commentary team with Al Michaels.

Played way to much Madden football on PC when it was half decent.
RIP big guy. True legend of the sport.

RIP Coach. Sad times.

I Love going back and watching old Raiders footage, they were such a team with personality and John was a huge part of that.

He was such a character on commentary too. You don't get guys like him or Boomer anymore.

nick87

Coach
Crazy to think he's impacted the game on so many levels

as a coach, as a broadcaster, as a personality, as a video game avatar...
i was introduced to this game playing Madden and had no idea why it was called that, now i really understand the impact he had on this sport.
A titan. Iconic character the likes of which we'll never see again.

RIP Madden

blue bags

First Grade
He went to a Lombardi coaching class,he relised he had a lot to learn from being a junior college coache 😉

gordsy

Juniors
People who tell me we have great commentators in Rabs etc have no idea. Madden imo was the best commentator I've ever heard. Him and Summerall were a legendary pairing.

Parra

Referee
Loved the Andy Reid quote about a great friend. Paraphrased - they love football and a good meal. A pair of dedicated forktarians.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Not gonna lie, I shed a tear about this - Madden was, and always will be, a legend in the sport and was a pivotal reason I follow the Raiders.

RIP you f**king legend.