What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Kato Ottio

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Extremely sad news. RIP Kato. It must have been a very vicious health problem for the poor guy. Happened so quick.

grouch

First Grade
Shocking

He'd been playing rugby league only a few years and had come so far so quickly. What might have been

nick87

Coach
He was on the cusp of making his NRL debut for the Raiders, a spot then held by Edrick Lee, he was killing it in the NSW Cup for top of the ladder Mounties, had firm offers to join over clubs including i think the Dragons, he had a lot of "he's the next Semi" buzz going, then did his ACL, missed the start of 2017 season, the vacant wing spot at the Raiders was filled by Nick Cotric. He didnt get back on the park until mid year and was clearly very rusty... no NRL deal, winds up at Windes and now this.

If not for the ACL who knows where this young man would be right now. Very sad.

RIP Kato. Condolences to his family and friends.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not a name I was familiar with but I think his face looked familiar from the world cup. Absolutely crazy. Hes way too young for such a random death of a guy who looked in really good shape.

RIP big guy. Having done a bit of reading on him this morning it looks like he was incredibly unlucky not to have been a top grade player already. I cant imagine how shocked and upset his friends and family would be. His career was set to take off this year.

Billythekid

First Grade
Apparently just passed out whilst training and never regained consciousness.

Heart attack? I've seen similar things happen to young athletes. It's hard to think of much else. So incredibly sad and my thoughts go out to the family. It's hard enough to lose a loved one but it's even harder when it's so sudden and so young. RIP.

King hit

Coach
Horrible news, looked like he was really ready to rip in at the Raiders

Played strong did fine, rip young man

POPEYE

Coach
Had my fingers crossed for Kato since he first came to attention, this is the saddest part of his hard luck story . . . RIP

Iafeta

Referee
I'm sure he was training at the gym I was at. Jeez, what a shocker this is.

RIP, what a tragedy - best wishes to his family.

Iafeta

Referee
Shocking. Player safety in regards to heat needs to be protected. The SCG cricket test... hells bells I would have kept England in the field for most of the day too, but Sunday was incredibly incredibly dangerous

Spade

Juniors
Seems iffy to be how someone could die of heat stroke in today’s world is beyond me. Surely he would have stayed hydrated..