What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Masada Iosefa

BossleyPanther

Juniors
https://westernweekender.com.au/202...a-killed-in-accident-on-eve-of-33rd-birthday/

The former Samoan international played 43 games for Penrith across four seasons from 2008 until 2011, including a match in the 2010 Finals.

iosefa2.jpg

Masada Iosefa. Photo: NRL Images.
He switched to the Wests Tigers for the 2012 and 2013 NRL seasons, playing a further 14 matches, but his first grade career ended after that.

Last night’s accident happened in Herbert, about 40km from the Darwin CBD, at about 9.15pm last night.

The quad bike Iosefa was riding rolled, with crash investigators working to determine the exact cause of the crash.

In recent times Iosefa had been employed as a youth worker.

Former Penrith teammate Frank Pritchard has lead tributes online, saying Iosefa was “tough as nails” in an emotional Instagram post.

“Always went hard without any preservation for his body,” Pritchard said.

“Never took a step back to any situation. Always had my back from the get-go.”

Luke Lewis offered condolences to his family, saying: “Saddened to hear the news this morning. May he rest in peace.”

BxTom

Bench
At the risk of being ridiculed, I can't understand why that is the case?
Quad bike are stable sideways but the front wheels can come up and the bike rolls back onto the rider usually breaking their neck or causing serious spinal/head wounds.

Jane Murray

Bench
Quad bike are stable sideways but the front wheels can come up and the bike rolls back onto the rider usually breaking their neck or causing serious spinal/head wounds.
Oh sweet, thanks for the explanation, BxTom, motorcycles are not my go.

mxlegend99

Referee
This is more crushing for me than any news in years. Grew up across the road from Simi and for all his issues off the field he was a nice bloke and being younger than me it's heartbreaking seeing this. Couldn't care less about where we finishbin a season where someone has lost their life. These things put seasons into perspective. But id take a million wooden spoons over this feeling.

RIP Masada. 2770. Never reached the potential he had. But he was such a promising player. Taken way too young.

Jane Murray

Bench
This is more crushing for me than any news in years. Grew up across the road from Simi and for all his issues off the field he was a nice bloke and being younger than me it's heartbreaking seeing this. Couldn't care less about where we finishbin a season where someone has lost their life. These things put seasons into perspective. But id take a million wooden spoons over this feeling.

RIP Masada. 2770. Never reached the potential he had. But he was such a promising player. Taken way too young.
What off field issues?

The_Frog

First Grade
Oh sweet, thanks for the explanation, BxTom, motorcycles are not my go.
Motorcycles are very different to quad bikes, motorcycles can actually travel around corners efficiently. When you've got two wheels on a fixed axle on the driving wheels and you try to go around a corner something has to give, the path of one wheel being shorter than that of the other. This is why cars have differentials (or CV joints for front wheel drive which perform the same function).

They are OK on unsealed surfaces in the hands of an experienced operator.

Kilkenny

Coach
I liked Masada as a player, another local junior hooker/dummy half who didn’t quite kick on. That means nothing now given his sad passing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Always one of my faves. He was a great kid with a true passion for footy, and a real character off the field.

RIP Mas
Off his lower grade career no player looked more promising than Masada at hooker. He could drop a front rower from the kickoff no worries. his skillset far exceeded other 9s.. all the talent in the world. No idea why it never worked in the NRL. But one thing everyone can agree on is he was taken way too early