What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Melbourne Storm 2003-13

Tom Shines

First Grade
Show's over folks. They're a myth.

The big three have hit the big three-oh and boy does it show. They've dished up some very ordinary performances in the last half of the season.

Melbourne to miss the 8 next year.

RABK

Referee
Disappointing they managed to snare a legit premiership after they served their punishment - they really didn't deserve it. The purple era has been a blight on the game with off field cheating, disgraceful onfield tactics and referee and media favouritism. Long may they be cellar dwellers.

Jono078

Referee
Wouldn't be fair for me to say they're old and past it, would just be full of ignorance and irony.

But there seems to be that feeling that they are no longer a force. Other clubs are on the up and they don't have that desire to go all the way.

BDR

First Grade
Would be happy to see them propping up the table, but I don't think they're cooked just yet. It's not Cronk, Smith & Slater who are the problem with their team. There are some very ordinary first graders in their 17.

Would be surprised if they don't at least make the 8 next year.

RABK

Referee
I feel sorry for fans of Manly and Parramatta who had premierships stolen during this dark reign.

some11

Referee
They won the premiership last year and made the top 4 again this year.

RIP indeed :roll:

Disappointing they managed to snare a legit premiership after they served their punishment - they really didn't deserve it. The purple era has been a blight on the game with off field cheating, disgraceful onfield tactics and referee and media favouritism. Long may they be cellar dwellers.

Ha ha. Thankyou for acknowledging our legit premiership. You know we're Clayton's cheaters - we've been labelled cheats when we're not actually cheats. I blame Waldron for the accounting c**k up.

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
Parra are chokers just like the Dogs last year. Get into the grand final with all this hype and support behind them and fall apart on the big day

NrlCoach

Juniors
you could see it in bellamy face tonight that the end is near. All good things must come to an end.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, if the refs had done their job and called the block on Slater we would still be talking about the possibility of Storm going back to back. Hopefully the big 3 will retire from origin next year and concentrate on winning back the title.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Next year they all turn 31 and there's no Widdop.

It's an incredibly controversial suggestion but they would have been better off extending Widdop instead of Slater for the sake of roster balance. I don't think Slater has much left as an elite FB. Widdops best years are ahead of him.

Bunnies man, you don't know what you're talking about. Widdop got a higher offer from Dragqueens. Billy is still good, i think the team will be better with the new talent coming next year.

Spot On

Coach
Next year they all turn 31 and there's no Widdop.

It's an incredibly controversial suggestion but they would have been better off extending Widdop instead of Slater for the sake of roster balance. I don't think Slater has much left as an elite FB. Widdops best years are ahead of him.

Who gives a shit. Over rated big time. Good luck St George. Money poorly spent.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Lol, if the refs had done their job and called the block on Slater we would still be talking about the possibility of Storm going back to back. Hopefully the big 3 will retire from origin next year and concentrate on winning back the title.
Agree. Was it Thurston saying during the week that Origin is killing Rugby League?
It sure kills the crowds and also ruins the seasons of teams with a large number of SOO players.
Time to axe it and breath some life into the Premiership competition.

Last edited:

Latest posts