What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Tommy Raudonikis

TheParraboy

Staff member
Shocked , thought he was doing well

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/07/league-legend-tommy-raudonikis-passes-away/

League legend Tommy Raudonikis passes away at 70

Rugby league legend Tommy Raudonikis has passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Raudonikis died on Wednesday morning aged 70, having led one of the most colourful lives the game has seen.

The former Western Suburbs and Newtown halfback represented Australia in 29 Tests and World Cup matches, and NSW on 24 occasions.

Raudonikis also had the honour of being inductee No.75 in the NRL Hall of Fame.

His last appearance for the Blues saw him lead them in the inaugural State of Origin match in 1980, but he is arguably best remembered for the 'cattle dog' cry he coined as NSW coach in 1997.

Eelectrica

Referee
RIP Tommy. Legend and Icon of the game.
No which side of the Origin fence you're on, he added a lot to Origin and the game in general.

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry about that Tommy. RIP mad merkin.

web-Tom-Raudonikis-scores-in-the-1981-GF.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RIP Tommy, Legend

he was a 2 pack a day man iirc, had the raspy voice to prove it

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Was lucky enough to meet him and Artie on the same night in a pub in Cloncurry of all places where they did their Origin talk. An absolute gentleman. Also met him at the racetrack in Ipswich where we were both three sheets to the wind and we spoke about the Ipswich Jets days in the BRL. RIP Tommy - Cattle Dog!

lingard

Coach
Toughest player, alongside Ray Price I've seen play. Absolute respect for a legend of the game. Would eat up any current or recent halfback and spit him out. Very sad day. Talk about Imortals, Tommy was that and more. RIP Champion.

Seems sad that he's only remembered for his toughness and his 'colourful' past. He's one of the best half-backs I've ever seen play the game. In my humble opinion, better than Sterlo.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Seems sad that he's only remembered for his toughness and his 'colourful' past. He's one of the best half-backs I've ever seen play the game. In my humble opinion, better than Sterlo.
Very different half backs Ivor. Each had very special talents. I loved watching the guy play.

T.S Quint

Coach
“If we don’t know what we’re doing the opposition won’t either.”

One of a kind, Tommy.