What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

Nice Beaver

First Grade
They consulted with cronulla, that's why the board supported it. The same thing happened with the Roosters for the Pearce thing. They have always allowed clubs to have say in the penalty and if the NRL don't think it's appropriate can come in over the top.

Where has it ever been reported that they consulted with the NRL?

The only information I have seen with regards to the Sharks was that they said they would not support Gallen in any appeal against the fine.

But that isn't consultation before the event.

El Diablo

Post Whore
whinge whinge

you can't deny it didn't happen http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...103712610?nk=aca30d2450d7630d064a9c2818056c3b

Smith said the $50,000 fine was the maximum the NRL could impose on a player for a breach of the Code of Conduct and had been determined in consultation with the Sharks.

Cronulla chairman Damian Keogh said the club supported the strong sanctions imposed on Gallen.

“The last two years have been a difficult period for the Sharks and our focus is on performing strongly on and off the field in 2015,” he said.

“So it is disappointing to have the club involved in this sort of issue as we prepare for next season.”

carcharias

Immortal
They may have supported it but I know they had no say in it what so ever.

What were they going to say?

Consulted .... Hahahshahaha
More like "told".

RWB

Bench
The player’s claims that he had applied to become a White Ribbon Australia ambassador have been denied by the organisation. White Ribbon Australia has had no contact with him, with CEO Libby Davies confirming: “There have been no talks.”

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...118744166?nk=2d7dc4840076c85762700971642295d3

So he was "too busy" this year to take the behavioral course & now he's been telling lies in court about how he has reformed himself into a new man.

Sounds like there's a lot of regret there. :sarcasm:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hi Damien it's Dave Merkinsmith here.
How much should we fine gal ?

Hi Dave ..we still on for tennis tomorrow ?
Um
Yeah I'm thinking 50k ???

Ok damo ... 50k ...Done
Yep all good for tennis.

See ya then .

replace the word tennis with "a handy" and its spot on.

Danish

Referee
I'm so glad that for once Rothfield's ranting is being directed towards a good cause.

Every new detail that comes out about this scumbag just further confirms what a disgraceful human he is and what a morally bankrupt club Souths are

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rothfield is saying the NRL have kept this a secret and he was the one that broke the story only a couple of days ago

the man is stupid

El Diablo

Post Whore
he's chucking a tanty over the Gallen fine

if he had never been fined then Rothfield would never have reported this so called secret

just like he hasn't for the last 6 months

kbw

Bench
Lets shoot the messenger (moron that he may be) , just to take the focus on the message, that once again inconsistency has reared its ugly head and a mongrel has belted a woman then lied about his "rehabilition" and intentions regarding the "rehabilitation".
The NRL refused to act when it should have and $ouff$ took the soft option to protect this filth.
I just hope this dickhead hasn't picked up a major injury from the slap on the wrist

insert.pause

First Grade
Lets shoot the messenger (moron that he may be) , just to take the focus on the message, that once again inconsistency has reared its ugly head and a mongrel has belted a woman then lied about his "rehabilition" and intentions regarding the "rehabilitation".
The NRL refused to act when it should have and $ouff$ took the soft option to protect this filth.
I just hope this dickhead hasn't picked up a major injury from the slap on the wrist

It wasn't inconsistent, the NRL have said they wouldn't act until the court proceeding had completed, the legal proceeding was adjourned for 6 months, it had not been concluded until Friday of last week, the NRL are consulting with Souths over a penalty today.

Rothfield is a moron and has deliberately mislead people again, there was no secret plea that only the NRL knew about, Souths released a press release on the day the plea was made and stated the magistrate had adjourned the case until November 7, at which time she would evaluate his cooperation with court instructions and finalise the judgement.

Just like the Gallen breach notice a process has been followed and today the NRL suspended 15k of the original fine due to mitigating circumstances disclosed in Gallen's appeal. Rothfield would have the world believe Gallen didn't get his say and that he was robbed of any due process which was complete rubbish. I don't agree with the NRL backing down on the original fine but as a fair process has been followed I can accept it because I appreciate I don't kow what the mitigating circumstances are or the strength of the case for them made in his appeal.

Flapper

First Grade
When should they have acted? Before the court case was finalised so the judge had an excuse to go even softer? Then the reports today would be about how the NRL acting too soon meant he got off even more ridiculously light.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Any reasonable person should be able to understand that the NRL had a duty to act once this turd had pleaded guilty to the crime he had been charged of. There was no need to wait until sentencing as it was irrelevant to the guilt of this arsewipe. Obviously Souths would not do anything as the club supports the physical abuse of women, however the NRL should have acted rather than letting this animal play out the season. It is a terrible look to allow this prick to play out the entire season.

You only have to look at a the way the NFL acted with regards to Adrian Peterson and barred him from playing until the matter was handled in court. The NRL should learn from this. Unfortunately the way they act is incredibly inconsistent. Blake Ferguson was immediately stood down after his assault, however this Auva'a scumbag was allowed to play on.

BCH

Juniors
If the plea of guilty was entered 6 months ago, then in my opinion I don't see really why the NRL had to wait to act.

Anyway, since when have penalties that the NRL have handed down in any way correlated with that of the law.

We've had players fined much more than the maximum amount that can be ordered by a court of law, eg in drink driving offences. So waiting to see what the courts going to do really has nothing to do with what penalty a club or the NRL can impose.

The way I see it is that it would be appropriate to wait for the courts in a case where a player has plead not guilty and the facts are yet to be determined.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
If the plea of guilty was entered 6 months ago, then in my opinion I don't see really why the NRL had to wait to act.

Anyway, since when have penalties that the NRL have handed down in any way correlated with that of the law.

We've had players fined much more than the maximum amount that can be ordered by a court of law, eg in drink driving offences. So waiting to see what the courts going to do really has nothing to do with what penalty a club or the NRL can impose.

The way I see it is that it would be appropriate to wait for the courts in a case where a player has plead not guilty and the facts are yet to be determined.

You have nailed it. This makes the most sense. The Auva'a case went largely unnoticed because the South Sydney fairy tale became the NRL's primary objective. They likely told the media to keep quite during the season after the initial reports came out. To let this muppet run around just because of the soft legal system is a joke. Self confessed women bashers should not be allowed to run around. It defies common decency to think otherwise.