What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL Summertime

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Got axed. Wasn't the most professionally run show behind the scenes with the clubs. FOX had a blow up with them too over a stack of incorrect info and production errors.

Danish

Referee
If I recall didn't Bennett tear the show to shreds for being a pack of dickheads or something??

Saints weren't featured last year I think because of it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not quite Danish. Saints declined to be on the show and the owner of the show went to the media to complain.

RL Sumertime is owned by Power Productions, David Tapp's company.

Don't know if anyone recalls the hoohar David Tapp made when Saints declined to be featured on the show last February. Naturally the Telegraph got on board and carried on about it.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust said that their previous experience with the show was not satifactory. Tapp threw a tanty in the media saying the Dragons were ripping off fans and sponsors. lol, of course no fans or sponsors felt ripped off, especially after October.

Telling discussion here, http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=353066

And at least one forummer saying the show probably wouldn't be around by 2011. ;-)

Last edited:

Patorick

Staff member
Yeah, it was a good idea in theory, but Tapp and co just did not have the means/ability to do it well.

The fact Fox almost always put it up against the Cricket didn't help.

Danish

Referee
Not quite Danish. Saints declined to be on the show and the owner of the show went to the media to complain.

RL Sumertime is owned by Power Productions, David Tapp's company.

Don't know if anyone recalls the hoohar David Tapp made when Saints declined to be featured on the show last February. Naturally the Telegraph got on board and carried on about it.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust said that their previous experience with the show was not satifactory. Tapp threw a tanty in the media saying the Dragons were ripping off fans and sponsors. lol, of course no fans or sponsors felt ripped off, especially after October.

Telling discussion here, http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=353066

And at least one forummer saying the show probably wouldn't be around by 2011. ;-)

Thats the one.

You'd think for them to get barred from Saints Bennett would have to have had something to say about their carry on the year before.

Given the show has now been axed, and more to the point the fact saints won the premiership, he was obviously well warranted in keeping them away from his pre-season.

Ram Man

Juniors
The show never really offered much anyway, very limited information and the footage was repeatative and the presenters were quite boring. The only good thing about it was there was something about footy on TV in February

skeepe

Immortal
Given that, according to that f**kstain Tapp and his amateur production company, the Canberra Raiders did not exist, I couldn't give two sh*ts what happens to that.

Quite frankly I hope everyone involved with such average crap lost their jobs.

Bay City

Juniors
Whilst that show was very amateurish, I think their is definitely room for Fox to take that concept and make it a viable program. Something that reviews each NRL teams offseason (gains/losses) offseason training regime players to watch etc and has some expert analysis on how they project this year. Few interviews and it would make decent pre-season viewing for those hanging out for the season to kick off.

innsaneink

Referee
The show never really offered much anyway, very limited information and the footage was repeatative and the presenters were quite boring. The only good thing about it was there was something about footy on TV in February

Somethings better than nothing

Was interesting seeing Cronulla train out iof a van last year...early prediction there
I recall seeing various new training methods and items used by the Tigers featured on that show.
While the quality wasnt great the content was OK
Now thanks to saints we have less league content on TV...well done

Latest posts