What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLPA Survey - “Overwhelming Support”

morningstar

Juniors
Sick of the empty platitudes from nameless clubs about safety & protecting the players. We all know what the real issue is for them.

Let’s start highlighting what the players are saying. Aus & PNG heir apparent captains are all in…

“I’m very keen to play at the World Cup. I want to get another chance to represent Australia. I have only played a couple of games.

“We were meant to go on a tour last year so if it was cancelled again it would be disappointing.

“I was involved in the last World Cup with Italy and I want to be involved in one for Australia.”

“I haven’t played for the Kumuls for almost two years now so I miss pulling on the Kumuls jumper and I can’t wait for the World Cup,” Olam said on Wednesday.

morningstar

Juniors
Damien Cook said on Fox today he is all in and will go if selected.

That’s the starting Kangaroos hooker to go with the captain/fullback…

“Look, it is going to be a long time away from home, but I’m not passing up the opportunity to possibly be a part of the World Cup that is for sure,” Cook said.

“The opportunity to play in a World Cup if I was selected I’d want to be a part of it.

“I understand they have to go through the right things to make sure they protect the players, but if it is a chance to go to the World Cup and I’m picked, I would be wanting to go over there.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vlandys is a disgrace, it should have been the players decision not his. Shame on nzrl for bowing down to the wishes of their puppet master. Sounds like most of the players and coaches were up for it. I despair for our game sometimes.

morningstar

Juniors

Landslide survey results prove players want Rugby League World Cup as pressure on ARLC grows​

The ARLC and NZRL are coming under increasing pressure after it emerged that over 75% of players said they had no concerns about playing in the World Cup.

The two governing bodies dramatically withdrew Australia and New Zealand from this Autumn's competition, just three months before the event was due to start.

They highlighted player welfare and safety concerns as their main reasons for the decision, despite having no consultation with players before making the decision.

That decision came despite overwhelming support for the tournament from the players set to be involved.

RLWC organisers conducted a survey to gauge interest and concerns from players across various nations.

And over 75% of players said they were completely willing to play in the tournament when surveyed.

Additionally, over 75% said they were comfortable about playing in the competition despite the ongoing pandemic.

Furthermore, over 80% said the quarantine measures that would be in place did not have an impact on them wanting to play in the competition.

That support had played a big part in organisers deciding to go ahead with the competition. "We know the players want to play in this tournament," RLWC chief executive Jon Dutton said in confirming the event would take place.

Despite that, the ARLC and NZRL have pulled their entries, a move that is thought to have infuriated the RLPA, who are expected to make a statement on Thursday.

A number of figures from across the game have come out and voiced their support for the competition, including current Australia internationals Jack Wighton, James Tedesco and Damien Cook.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Seriously, just ask the players who would like to opt out. Then you have the basis to select teams.

It actually wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Australia and NZ didn't send their best team available due to opt outs. Would we see a few upsets and the like, and would probably reinvigorate the sport in ways that can't be imagined at this point. With all games live on the BBC, its a window the spot in the UK won't get again I'd imagine.

Just get it done. Plus more Rugby League to watch.

Perth Red

Post Whore
List Players who could turn out for other nations, here’s a start with quite a few of this years origin teams

Kaufisi - Tonga
David Fifita - Tonga
Joseph Manu - Cook islands
Payne Hass - Samoa
Brian To’o - Samoa
Saifiti brothers - Samoa
junior Paulo - Samoa
Tariq Simms - Fiji
API Korisau - Fiji
Xavier Coates - Png
Valentine Holmes - Cook islands
Tiny fasuamale - samoa
Jayden Sua - Samoa

KaivitiBati

Juniors
List Players who could turn out for other nations, here’s a start with quite a few of this years origin teams

Kaufisi - Tonga
David Fifita - Tonga
Joseph Manu - Cook islands
Payne Hass - Samoa
Brian To’o - Samoa
Saifiti brothers - Samoa
junior Paulo - Samoa
Tariq Simms - Fiji
API Korisau - Fiji
Xavier Coates - Png
Valentine Holmes - Cook islands
Tiny fasuamale - samoa
Jayden Sua - Samoa
Daniel Saifiti for Fiji, Tedesco for Italy, Mitchel Moses for Lebanon

Perth Red

Post Whore
SAMOA ELIGIBLE PLAYERS

John Asiata, Payne Haas, Karmichael Hunt, Jamayne Isaako, Richie Kennar, Danny Levi, Anthony Milford, Keenan Palasia, Ben Te’o, Dunamis Lui, Josh Papalii, Iosia Soliola, Christian Crichton, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Ava Seumanufagai, Christian Crichton, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Ava Seumanufagai, Erin Clark, Herman Ese’ese, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Sam Lisone, Greg Marzhew, Phillip Sami, Josh Aloiai, Josh Schuster, Toafofoa Sipley, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Dean Ieremia, Aaron Pene, Marion Seve, Bunty Afoa, Leeson Ah Mau, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Edward Kosi, Jazz Tevaga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hymel Hunt, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Sauaso Sue, Enari Tuala, Daejarn Asi, Connelly Lemuelu, Francis Molo, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Taulagi, Dylan Brown, Isaiah Papali’i, Junior Paulo, Nathaniel Roache, Stephen Crichton, Spencer Leniu, Moses Leota, Jarome Luai, Tyrone May, Charlie Staines, Izack Tago, Brian To’o, Patrick Mago, Tautau Moga, Jaxson Paulo, Jaydn Su’a, Junior Amone, Poasa Faamausili, Max Feagai, Tyrell Fuimaono, Josh McGuire, Jordan Pereira, Brad Abbey, Isaac Liu, Joseph Suaalii, Tom Amone, Shawn Blore, Michael Chee-Kam, Asu Kepaoa, Joseph Leilua, Luciano Leilua, Ken Maumalo, Thomas Mikaele, Zane Musgrove, David Nofoaluma, Tommy Talau, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti

KaivitiBati

Juniors
SAMOA ELIGIBLE PLAYERS

John Asiata, Payne Haas, Karmichael Hunt, Jamayne Isaako, Richie Kennar, Danny Levi, Anthony Milford, Keenan Palasia, Ben Te’o, Dunamis Lui, Josh Papalii, Iosia Soliola, Christian Crichton, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Ava Seumanufagai, Christian Crichton, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Ava Seumanufagai, Erin Clark, Herman Ese’ese, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Sam Lisone, Greg Marzhew, Phillip Sami, Josh Aloiai, Josh Schuster, Toafofoa Sipley, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Dean Ieremia, Aaron Pene, Marion Seve, Bunty Afoa, Leeson Ah Mau, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Edward Kosi, Jazz Tevaga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hymel Hunt, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Sauaso Sue, Enari Tuala, Daejarn Asi, Connelly Lemuelu, Francis Molo, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Taulagi, Dylan Brown, Isaiah Papali’i, Junior Paulo, Nathaniel Roache, Stephen Crichton, Spencer Leniu, Moses Leota, Jarome Luai, Tyrone May, Charlie Staines, Izack Tago, Brian To’o, Patrick Mago, Tautau Moga, Jaxson Paulo, Jaydn Su’a, Junior Amone, Poasa Faamausili, Max Feagai, Tyrell Fuimaono, Josh McGuire, Jordan Pereira, Brad Abbey, Isaac Liu, Joseph Suaalii, Tom Amone, Shawn Blore, Michael Chee-Kam, Asu Kepaoa, Joseph Leilua, Luciano Leilua, Ken Maumalo, Thomas Mikaele, Zane Musgrove, David Nofoaluma, Tommy Talau, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti

Jacob & Daniel Saifiti may opt to play for Fiji but no doubt Samoa has a lot of options & depth in their players not just the NRL but also in the SL.

FIJI ELIGIBLE PLAYERS
  • Brandon Wakeham (Bulldogs) -Also eligible for Lebanon but most likely will opt for Fiji
  • Brayden Wiliame (Dragons)-Moving to France to play Union so has no club commitment to worry about back in Australia
  • Mikaele Ravalawa (Dragons)
  • Tariq Sims (Dragons)
  • Maika Sivo (Eels)
  • Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Eels)
  • Waqa Blake (Eels) -Also eligible for Tonga but most likely will opt for Fiji
  • Daniel Saifiti (Knights) -Also eligible for Samoa but most likely will opt for Fiji
  • Jacob Saifiti (Knights)-Also eligible for Samoa but most likely will opt for Fiji
  • Apisai Koroisau (Panthers)
  • Robert Jennings (Panthers)-Also eligible for Tonga & probably opt for the same
  • Viliame Kikau (Panthers)
  • Taane Milne (Rabbitohs)
  • Semi Valemei (Raiders)
  • George Jennings (Storm)-Also eligible for Tonga & probably opt for the same
  • Tui Kamikamica (Storm)
  • Kane Evans (Warriors}
  • Marcelo Montoya (Warriors}

Perth Red

Post Whore
Coaches :

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary, for example, told media on Friday that he does not want his players involved.
Jarome Luai, Brian To’o, Stephen Crichton (Samoa), Viliame Kikau and Api Koroisau (Fiji) would all be available for selection but Cleary said he “wouldn’t be comfortable”.
“I think they will all understand,” Cleary said.

Michael Maguire, who is also New Zealand coach, said he would not stand in the way of Kiwis with dual eligibility playing

Kevin Walters, meanwhile, said it was “probably a smart decision” in the current environment but added he had “no influence” over what players decided to do.

Then there was Bennett, who spent five minutes of his media opportunity on Friday to take questions on the decision and provide his response. The former England coach said in no uncertain terms that he would be fully supportive of any players who would want to make the trip.

“Of course I would. It’s the players’ rights, why wouldn’t I support it,” Bennett said.

stryker

First Grade
Surprise, surprise Ivan Cleary is being a selfish merkin.
The overwhelming support by the players and coaches to play the WC must be embarrassing for Vlandys and his crew of muppets who made this disgraceful decision.