What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rlw-big league

I just finished with the latest one (guide to best and worst buys of 09).....lmfao what a joke. Barrett is apparently one of the best, and one of the kiwis best forwards in the world cup is one of the worst.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BTW, the season guide is out now:

Season%20guide%2009.JPG

Noa

First Grade
No mention of Ryan Hinchcliffe in the best buys, even though he's going to allow Cam Smith to have more rest during a game, as well as cover the back-row.

Liked the first story though. Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

HevyDevy

Coach
I love the hypocrisy of some people:

"Yeah I buy those mags every week, they're so crap these days."

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Charlie124

First Grade
I had a good laugh at the best/worst buys article in regards to Michael Ennis.

"Bronco-cum-Dog Michael Ennis' emergence as a dynamic playmaker.....blah blah..."

Sounds like a menu item from the food stand at this years Mardi Gras...

"Hi, can i have a medium diet raspberry fanta and a bronco cum dog please"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post of the year so far!

milchcow

Juniors
I love the hypocrisy of some people:

"Yeah I buy those mags every week, they're so crap these days."

Riiiiiiiiiight.

I think the more prevalent attitude is

"That magaizne/journalist's analysis is absolutely terrible... He doesn't agree with me"

willvillain

Juniors
Big League Guide.... I swear I buy it every year read for 15 mins then it gathers dust the rest of its time.

I agree. Doesn't appear to be much in there, only information for the stat freaks out there. Or people who actually DO like to jot down try-scorers etc for every single game.

There's certainly no interesting info in there.

milchcow

Juniors
Big League season review is a bible for fans of fantasy league, and Middleton like stats freaks.

I can see why it has limited appeal, but I'm glad they release it.

Its handy if a teams got some youngin that u havent heard of but thats about it, but hey thats just my oppinion and around this time of year I'll buy anything league related!

Big Pete

Referee
I enjoy buying the Season Guide. It's a handy compact guide to any player you havn't heard of or any bizarre statistic you weren't aware of. It comes in handy and it's value rises as the years go by and nostalgia sets in.

I enjoy buying the Season Guide. It's a handy compact guide to any player you havn't heard of or any bizarre statistic you weren't aware of. It comes in handy and it's value rises as the years go by and nostalgia sets in.

The great thing is the Internet these days could do the exact same.

Not the 'value' part though.

Latest posts