What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2013 at Trafalgar Square

flamin

Juniors
Full article: http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/1057/trafalgar-square-gets-a-big

Rugby League World Cup 2013 is set to take over London’s iconic Trafalgar Square on Friday August 23, the eve of the Tetley’s Challenge Cup final, as part of a celebration of Rugby League in the heart of the capital.

The prestigious World Cup trophy, which will be won at Old Trafford on Saturday November 30, will be on display in the square from 10am – 4pm as part of a RLWC2013 Roadshow which forms a jam-packed day of Rugby League activity.

England coach Steve McNamara, England captain Kevin Sinfield and Rugby League legend Martin Offiah will all be on hand to meet the public and will conduct a coaching masterclass with local London borough schoolchildren, who’ll be demonstrating the skill, speed and excitement of the sport.

After narrowly losing out to France in the final of the recent Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup, members of the England Wheelchair Rugby League squad will also play an exhibition game in the square and will have spare sports chairs on hand for members of the public to get involved. The Roadshow will also include a series of interactive activities for children and families to try.

A great place to engage with Londoners and international visitors alike. I continue to be impressed with the efforts of the RLWC2013 team in spreading publicity on what would be a tight budget.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Full article: http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/1057/trafalgar-square-gets-a-big

A great place to engage with Londoners and international visitors alike. I continue to be impressed with the efforts of the RLWC2013 team in spreading publicity on what would be a tight budget.

I've been impressed as well with the effort they are making to give the WC some serious promotion. I think they've realised its make or break for the game in the UK and this is their oppurtunity to give the game some serious marketing.

geordie_saint

Juniors
I think they've realised its make or break for the game in the UK and this is their oppurtunity to give the game some serious marketing.

No it isn't! But it is certainly the best way to increase the game's exposure to the wider UK public. SL will never be able to achieve that compared to what the national team can.

Latest posts