What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 vs Penrith team list thread

Suitman

Post Whore
We don't need to win this game. We need to win the two after this. Besides, we will more than likely end up in fourth spot and have to face the Panthers in our first finals game. We can f*cking ambush them then. (Like what we did with St George in 2009 - got done in the last premiership round and then beat them the following week.) To me this seems like the most sensible approach. Rest Mahoney. Maybe rest one of the props. Maybe even rest Gutho. In all reality, what does it matter how much Penrith beat us by this week? We need to 'peak' in the first week of the finals. Not this Friday night.
But we all know that Arthur is way too conservative to approach things like this. So I'm expecting him to name his strongest possible team; Mahoney to hurt his shoulder even more; the jaded players to become even more jaded; and for us to bow out of the semis in straight sets. (For all the 'death-rider vigilantes' - I sincerely hope I'm wrong; and I don't want this to happen; but this is what I'm expecting so that I won't be too disappointed if it does happen.) Just utilising some stoic philosophy here.

Mahoney is out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA backed his players and called bullshit on how bad they have been playing (except Souths game).
He was right. By mid-season every team was pumped to play us, coupled with the randomness of wet weather footy for a few games and then also losing our kicking game for three and a half weeks with Moses of the field. It translates to less than dominant performances, and all the while we've racked up a win rate over 75%

Our only bad game was against Souths, which coincided with them hitting peak form.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was right. By mid-season every team was pumped to play us, coupled with the randomness of wet weather footy for a few games and then also losing our kicking game for three and a half weeks with Moses of the field. It translates to less than dominant performances, and all the while we've racked up a win rate over 75%

Our only bad game was against Souths, which coincided with them hitting peak form.
So we didn’t play bad against Saints and Manly??? Lol.

He also publicly rebuked the team after the Dogs game. Easy fix though lol.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So we didn’t play bad against Saints and Manly??? Lol.

He also publicly rebuked the team after the Dogs game. Easy fix though lol.
Yeah. Im not really enjoying his pressers recently. Not trying to be critical but hes sounding a little vague and repetive. Looks like hes deflecting more than usual. Even sounds a tad agro. Fox media were saying its a huge game for Arthur hinting that our Eels have gone backwards. The first time Ive heard them specifically name BA and not the usual "its a huge game for the players". Maybe hes feeling the pressure of having a great roster who is struggling to a degree. Personally Im dissapointed how hes used his roster given the Covid situation.
Just have to hope hes got everything under control. If we slip out of the 4 the noise will be defining.
Lets go boys.

Andrew Voss has tipped our Eels. Only Fox personality to do so.
Smith has been training at 1 and he gets the nod as backup 9. Davies promoted to top 30 as a 9 yet no mention of him.
Maybe the guys who attend training might throw some light on this selection?
Also.
Anyone know if the Eels Canterbury Cup Coach, the guy poached from the UK is still involved?
Ryan Carr & yes he's still there

Latest posts