What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 2 vs Dragons - Game Day Thread

Gutho is proving me wrong Glad to say that. The good thing about the performance tonight is that there still improvement left in this side.

Still have Edwards and Vave to come back in which will make us a formidable team.

How lucky are we to have Norman. Class!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure he would be. But the upside of using him as an impact comes at the expense of an interchange and one less big body on the bench. He does an adequate job over the full
80 minutes and as you mentioned, our game plan doesn't seem revolve around quick darts from dummy half.

IMO Kaysa gets the nod as the benefit of playing him for the 80 minutes outweighs his reduced impact.
I reckon De Gois is a better player than O'Brien, and he deserves to be in the 17 ahead of him. Even if it's only playing the first 25 minutes.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon De Gois is a better player than O'Brien, and he deserves to be in the 17 ahead of him. Even if it's only playing the first 20 minutes.
I see that as a wasted interchange. Auuva is probably a better player than both of them but I wouldn't be putting him in the side.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
The most pleasing thing about the team atm is you know what you are going to have a competitive side turn up week in week out conistantly for the 1st time since the early to mid 2000's and can no longer be considered soft defensively for long periods like we were during the dark years of 2011-2013.

Parraren

Bench
Gutho is proving me wrong Glad to say that. The good thing about the performance tonight is that there still improvement left in this side.

Still have Edwards and Vave to come back in which will make us a formidable team.

How lucky are we to have Norman. Class!!

Massive upside in our spine.

And relatively cheap, even Norman isn't on big coin for a half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That one is but you're probably having to make an extra interchange with the other forward rotation.
You're not making an extra interchange at all though. De Gois one stint, Kritchard one stint, O'Brien one stint.

It's when one player plays more than one stint that the interchanges get used up.

If everyone on the bench plays that's a minimum of four interchanges. Then any starter coming back on uses another.

hindy111

Post Whore
Massive upside in our spine.

And relatively cheap, even Norman isn't on big coin for a half.

While its cheap we need to take advantage and sign some better forwards. Not knocking they are all average NRL players bar MANU who is rep quality. Brown and Tepai has potential to be.

I was very disappointed in Tepai tonight thou.

Latest posts