What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 21 Team vs Bunnies

Panther Pete

Juniors
NRL
Panthers vs Rabbitohs
Sunday 2nd August
ANZ Stadium - 4pm

Ivan Cleary has named representative winger Josh Mansour to return from injury this Sunday against the Rabbitohs. Jamie Soward moves to halfback with Isaac John his halves partner in to replace the injured Peter Wallace. The NRL side to face the Rabbitohs is as follows:

1 Will SMITH
2 Robert JENNINGS
3 Waqa BLAKE
4 Isaah YEO
5 Josh MANSOUR
6 Isaac JOHN
7 Jamie SOWARD
8 Sam McKENDRY
9 James SEGEYARO
10 Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11 Lewis BROWN
12 Sika MANU
13 Elijah TAYLOR ©

INTERCHANGE

14 Api KOROISAU
15 Jeremy LATIMORE
16 Tyrone PEACHEY
17 Bryce CARTWRIGHT

Fibroman

First Grade
Great to see ET with the 'c' next to his name. What a great player he is, week in, week out.

Pomoz

Bench
My spirit is not broken. I still believe in what the club is doing. Once again we have a new batch of juniors coming through in u20's and our NSW cup team is doing well even though they have lots of players missing (supporting first grade). The club is continuing to identify young talent (like the Kiwi junior 5/8th) and sign up promising juniors. In a few years, as the juniors become a steady trickle of quality players, this approach will yield the same sort of consistency the Roosters and the Broncos have enjoyed. Once finished, our rugby league academy will give the juniors the best chance of developing their skills. It is a marathon not a sprint.

We have a plan. A plan so cunning, it could have been made by a professor of cunning from cunning university.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
All of that means nothing with our strength and conditioning team
It does make you wonder.

As I have said elsewhere, soft tissue injuries are only part of the equation. Just because the players are not getting those doesn't mean that our strength and conditioning is good. Are our players strong enough to cope with the impacts? Getting hit hard by Josh Papali is going to cause ACL tears and other injuries if the player is not strong enough to withstand the impact.

Maybe we are just unlucky.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I just can't see DWZ being rushed back after such a serious incident - The guy had a collapsed lung for crying out loud - As pessimistic as it sounds, I have to agree with MX - I can see the Mansourus being pulled last minute.

Copperhead

Juniors
It does make you wonder.

As I have said elsewhere, soft tissue injuries are only part of the equation. Just because the players are not getting those doesn't mean that our strength and conditioning is good. Are our players strong enough to cope with the impacts? Getting hit hard by Josh Papali is going to cause ACL tears and other injuries if the player is not strong enough to withstand the impact.

Maybe we are just unlucky.

Some of our injuries do seem to be bad luck. But the medical / training staff have plenty to answer for as well. A couple of examples.When Whare did his hamstring we were told he'd miss a week as it was only minor. He was gone for 10 weeks, kept reaggravating it. Mansour damages a medial ligament and just as he's about to play, does it again, back to the start of rehab. Plays one game does it again. Our staff doesn't seem to be up to the job.

maple_69

Bench
My spirit is not broken. I still believe in what the club is doing. Once again we have a new batch of juniors coming through in u20's and our NSW cup team is doing well even though they have lots of players missing (supporting first grade). The club is continuing to identify young talent (like the Kiwi junior 5/8th) and sign up promising juniors. In a few years, as the juniors become a steady trickle of quality players, this approach will yield the same sort of consistency the Roosters and the Broncos have enjoyed. Once finished, our rugby league academy will give the juniors the best chance of developing their skills. It is a marathon not a sprint.

We have a plan. A plan so cunning, it could have been made by a professor of cunning from cunning university.

Oh I don't mean we've given up on the club but up until now I think most of us were pretty optimistic that we had a good 5/6 week run in us to storm into the finals and cause some issues with Moylan et al back. That seems to have faded and certainly has for me.

mxlegend99

Referee
Some of our injuries do seem to be bad luck. But the medical / training staff have plenty to answer for as well. A couple of examples.When Whare did his hamstring we were told he'd miss a week as it was only minor. He was gone for 10 weeks, kept reaggravating it. Mansour damages a medial ligament and just as he's about to play, does it again, back to the start of rehab. Plays one game does it again. Our staff doesn't seem to be up to the job.
That's why I expect Mansour to be a late withdrawal. Or even worse for him to play and then miss the rest of the season having made it worse again.

We've had a number of players named to play after injury, only to be a late withdrawal and then miss a few more weeks despite being 50/50 or better when originally named. How does that work? If they are close to playing one week, surely they would be certain for the following week. If not then they should never have even been considered for the first game.

There has been way too many injuries for it to be simply bad luck. Or we have a team full of injury prone players.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Young Penrith Panthers back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been rushed to hospital with his second collapsed lung in three weeks.
Watene-Zelezniak will miss the rest of the season, as he is set to undergo an operation in the next 24 hours.
However, the injury is understood to not be career-ending.
The 19-year-old rising star trained with the Panthers yesterday but woke up today feeling unwell before being rushed to hospital.
He has become another casualty to be added to the Panthers' rising injury list, which has all but crippled the club in the race for the finals.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/07/31/16/07/penrith-player-rushed-to-hospital

Bugger :(

Doomednow

Bench
Not another collapsed lung, just slow healing of the one we already knew about apparently. Still means we won't be seeing him back soon. May as well play it safe and get it sorted properly rather than rush him back. I'd rather he took the rest of the season off so he was right for next year than get him back only to have ig worsen (knowing our luck).

ACTPanthers

Bench
Not another collapsed lung, just slow healing of the one we already knew about apparently. Still means we won't be seeing him back soon. May as well play it safe and get it sorted properly rather than rush him back. I'd rather he took the rest of the season off so he was right for next year than get him back only to have ig worsen (knowing our luck).

Ahhh ok - Thanks for the clarification mate