What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

steerlerbab

Juniors
The key to winning this game will be on us controlling the ball and not giving tigers too much possession. Tigers attack is very good. They can put lots of points on us if they camp on our half. If they get anywhere above 52% possession they will win. On the other tigers defense is not good and they can leak points and this is where we can beat them. So
1. Don't give them penalties
2. Don't given them repeat sets (specially at 4th and 5th tackle)
3. Precision kicking. Don't give them 7 tackles.
4. Don't get sin binned

Dragon David

First Grade
The key to winning this game will be on us controlling the ball and not giving tigers too much possession. Tigers attack is very good. They can put lots of points on us if they camp on our half. If they get anywhere above 52% possession they will win. On the other tigers defense is not good and they can leak points and this is where we can beat them. So
1. Don't give them penalties
2. Don't given them repeat sets (specially at 4th and 5th tackle)
3. Precision kicking. Don't give them 7 tackles.
4. Don't get sin binned
You want these Don'ts steerlerbab and so do I but you know that aint gonna happen.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Got to be disciplined with the start.

No early penalties. It's like clockwork, I fell off my seat at Jubliee, when we played the Cows as there was no penalty in the first five minutes.

Got into the game and we saw the points flow. Shame FRM couldn't hold the ball but that's old chip paper know.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The loss to the Knights quickly dissipated as they seem to these days but it was the Tuesday team that really got me down. It is no small matter that coach is now persisting with players who are underperforming. Red flags for me.

He is still happy to run them out expecting something different will happen. The actual issue is that there is really nothing to gain by it. He wants their experience so we don't get rolled, I get that, but isn't he actually more concerned about 2025 and 26? Picking Lawrie for example is sending the exact opposite message to what he speaks about. Can anyone tell me what we are actually doing of this current moment in the NRL to prepare for 2025 and 2026? If we are putting all our eggs in the recruitment basket then that's a proven let down waiting to happen. I don't see the logic.

Then doubling down by signing Michael Molo who can't even crack first grade when the standards have already been lowered is just bewildering. I'm holding Flano to his words of change for our team and our club and this definitely defies it. If he rates him, why a one year contract?

We are fielding the oldest forward pack in the NRL during a rebuild time. Can we not see the likes of Couchman/s, Fifita, Egan, Coric and Tuitavake (one or two at a time) come in and give them a decent taste and a decent chance to show their wares? That way two years down the track, the ones that do have the goods, are experienced and hopefully still playing for us, and ready to embark on their break out seasons.
Well said, excellent post.

About 10 minutes away from the 1 hour update.

Who starts on the edge RFM/Eisenhuth?
Who gets the bench spot M. Molo/BMM?

I'm guessing RFM on the edge and M. Molo on the bench, with BMM 18th man.

TheRev

Coach
Which side is sua and RFM though I am curious... I'm going to have to listen to this one on the radio.. This is not a game we want to drop.. But they r no pushovers.

Latest posts