What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 7 vs Panthers

I see what you're saying, mate, and it's a very fair point.

I suppose my main issue is that we shouldn't be building a culture of undeserving players representing our club just because the automatic selections are playing like busteds.

for mine an 'undeserving player' is an experienced first grader still making basic errors on the other hand you have to expect a few mistakes from a grass green rookie on debut but hopefully their enthusiasm will make up for it

Eelementary

Post Whore
for mine an 'undeserving player' is an experienced first grader still making basic errors on the other hand you have to expect a few mistakes from a grass green rookie on debut but hopefully their enthusiasm will make up for it

I understand that, and agree totally.

But if the lower grader is not playing any better, should they be rewarded?

Haynzy

First Grade
I think sometimes guys struggle in Reggies as the guys around them don't necessarily bring out the best in them.
I think Hayne and Sandow might be a bit like that in our firsts team. In a team with good go forward they'd be world beaters.

forward pass

Coach
The first try we conceded summed up how pathetic their attitude was. We'd had two back to back sets in attack to start the match and the players were fresh as a daisy, not having had to make a tackle, yet still couldn't get back onside to defend against a 20 metre tap.

Pathetic - that was the game gone right there i thought. In 7 rounds we have already conceded two tries from not being ready for a quick tap. That is school kid stuff.

Nealo 12

Bench
Have a look back at the early replies on this thread...a lot of you Parra people had the two points in the bag two weeks out. Maybe your team suffered from the same complacency...funny old game Rugby League is.

Daneel

Bench
Have a look back at the early replies on this thread...a lot of you Parra people had the two points in the bag two weeks out. Maybe your team suffered from the same complacency...funny old game Rugby League is.

Almost like they thought they were playing the windsor wolves perhaps......