What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

Liam

Juniors
Heard he's in doubt for this weeks game, need to know if he's playing for fantasy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep he's definitely in doubt, which is why no-one knows if he's playing or not.

You idiot.

tiger_nick

Bench
seriously, if robbie is alive he will play. i know playing after a concussion is dangerous, however there is no way he will miss this game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Medicos have turned the game into a softcock sport.

I was recently reading about a player on the 1908-09 tour, running to the sideline to have a dislocated shoulder popped back in so that he could continue playing.

Happens now and you spend the season off.

Churchill was knocked unconcious twice in a tour match in England in 1952, yet continue playing, setting up two tries to help Australia claim a come from behind win.

Happens now you spend two weeks off.

HARDEN THE f**k UP YOU SOFTCOCKS!!

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Because the speed of the game, size of the players and general medical knowledge has remained unchanged since 1908 (or 1952)......

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so you're suggesting the game is harder now on players than it used to be?

Have you seen a game of rugby league prior to 1995?

The sh*tty pissweak scrums, the fast play the balls and the ref calling out surrender when a group tackle is made etc, outlawing half the tackles that used to be legal.

If you think the game now is harder then you are a dumber bastard then I ever gave you credit for.

Dazraider

Juniors
How can anyone compare this era to 1908 era, the talent would of been natural back then and probably more exciting players to watch as well having natural talent, too many players get drilled into the same game plan and it closes down there real ability on the feild.
with speed who knows how fast they really was as the stop clock was not as acurate

Tiger Hawk

Bench
so you're suggesting the game is harder now on players than it used to be?

Have you seen a game of rugby league prior to 1995?

The sh*tty pissweak scrums, the fast play the balls and the ref calling out surrender when a group tackle is made etc, outlawing half the tackles that used to be legal.

If you think the game now is harder then you are a dumber bastard then I ever gave you credit for.
Do you really think that changing from 5 metres to 10 metres has had no impact? That players' overall fitness has had no impact? Training techniques and advancement (strength and conditioning) has had no impact? I sincerely hope I don't have to connect the dots for you.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its made absolutely no difference. A lot of the older players were labourers, thus they were getting as much, if not more physical exercise/weights training than current players.

They were more skillful, they trained less due to their jobs yet past players on average were better than those today.

Todays game may be quicker and more open, doesn't mean its any tougher or harder.

The more open game has meant more lethargic big men.

Fitness is better yet there isn't a second-rower or prop forward in the game who can play 80 minutes per match every week for their entire career.

They don't have to endure upwards of 40 physically draining scrums per game either.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Robbie won't be playing unfortunately. He's run out of time.

Source: The man himself!

Dammit. Gotta change my tips tomorrow now :(

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robbie won't be playing unfortunately. He's run out of time.

Source: The man himself!

Dammit. Gotta change my tips tomorrow now :(
And this can't be verified thus will be disregarded.

You intellect is such that you probably asked Andrew Farrar if he was playing this weekend.

Your information is as reliable as a French soldier

sting

Bench
i certainly won't be changing my tips or fantasy based on the word of Bulldog Force, one of the biggest dribblers to grace these forums!

don't any tigers fans here get good mail?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I think its made absolutely no difference. A lot of the older players were labourers, thus they were getting as much, if not more physical exercise/weights training than current players.
The bolded part is possibly the funniest / dumbest thing I've ever read. Ever. Anywhere. Comparing labour work 100 (or even 50) years ago to modern-day exercise and weight training. Really?!?!?! hahahahaha :lol:

And if you think the extra 5 metres to gain momentum & speed, plus the extra 10+ kilograms per forward in muscle / weight, has had no affect on the impact in the (generally) above waist tackles we see in modern football, you are a fool. It's simple physics.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As you are unaware of anything prior to 1995, machinery wasn't very wideley used or reliable 50+ years ago compared to now, so a lot of the work was done manually.

I'm sure you have a grandfather go ask him what it was like, busting his arse 60 hours a week to earn what you get in the time it takes you to drop 3 IQ points on the can.

harry

Juniors
There seems to have been some money for Wests Tigers in the betting today. Many bookies have cut the handicap from +12 to +11. I wonder if they or some pro punters have got mail that Farah may in fact play.