What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert “the slug” Jennings

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Robert Jennings is a slug.

Fat, slow and slovenly.

How can we sell him? Does anyone have any contacts at the Gymea Gorillas?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Robert Jennings is a slug.

Fat, slow and slovenly.

How can we sell him? Does anyone have any contacts at the Gymea Gorillas?
Geez I hope we didn’t pay much for the impostor coz cant c how he can force his way back into NRL team next season.He has been a massive disappointment & ought to give a chunk of his salary to Inglis & Cody Walker

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Doesnt say much for Madge's talent identification. Woeful signing. Looks fat and gets slower every week.

He's got Super League written all over him. Macqueen and Rochow to follow.

Sione Katoa unsighted in Cronulla's NRL side this year. He'd be a shrewd signing for WT

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Signed for two seasons.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to working again with Jennings and continuing to see his career further develop at the club.

“Robert is a quality young man who I’ve worked with before and seen develop in to the talented rugby league player he is,” said Maguire. “He adds size, power and speed to our edges and is an excellent addition to our squad.

“Off the back of a strong season, I have no doubt he is going to fit extremely well in to our systems and I looking forward to watching him take the next steps in his career at this club.”

Perth Tiger

Bench
Well it is not like we look like signing anyone significant for 2020 anyway, but we should have a pretty decent war chest for 2021 with Jennings, Matalino, McQueen and Taylor all off contract. Should be $1 million plus we can splash around.

Then in 2022 should have another million plus with Packer and Reynolds cash available.

I would say next year will be another holding/development year then hopefully can make some moves in the following 2 years.

It will be much easier to recruit players if we can sneak into the finals this year and next though.

Tiger05

First Grade
The slug provides none of that, aside from size in the form of a beer gut that would make a local punter at the Gerringong RSL jealous.

I read that line and thought if we had that we'd be a different team. Hopefully he is injured or something and he will turn it around.

He virtually has made it to the NRL on the back of his brothers name, he is so slow that he makes Jordan Rankin look like JAC.

The unknown

Juniors
They showed him with his shirt off in the wests magpies team song video, desdset he has the rig of an overweight truckie that lives on pies and cokes every day

How did he get a gig in the NRL yet alone on the wing?

Tiger Ted

Bench
They showed him with his shirt off in the wests magpies team song video, desdset he has the rig of an overweight truckie that lives on pies and cokes every day

How did he get a gig in the NRL yet alone on the wing?
The immeasurable benefit of playing outside of GI

I’d luv us to fk him off however we have the obvious more costly bums who r a higher priority re disposal of garbage

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes he had a go didn't he. Looks like he can kick goals as well. A bit more weight and add some speed, he could be a weapon for us.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see him ever being a gun but he does a lot of things right and if he could become a gun goal kicker he could do the job.

He was much better than Jennings and scored a try where he had a lot of work to do.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Yes he had a go didn't he. Looks like he can kick goals as well. A bit more weight and add some speed, he could be a weapon for us.
The speed is what worries me about him, in that he does not appear to possess much of it.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That’s all I ask for as a forlorn & avid fan.Momo is doing his best unlike the unfit dopey useless oxygen thief Jennings