What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Jennings

Bench
It has been reported that Tigers and Eels are looking to sign him. Did we drop out of the chase for his signing. He would be an excellent addition to our squad

TheFrog

Coach
I agree that 500K a season sounds a bit much. If my memory serves me correctly. Gould told Josh Mansour that Penrith couldn't offer him any more than 400K a season and Mansour stayed. Hopefully Jennings does kick on and proves to be worth 500K a season plus.
IIRC Gould said no winger in the NRL was worth $400k. I'd be quite surprised if Josh is even on that, especially since he re-signed when recovering from an horrendous injury which must have put his future under a cloud. Radradra would have been the exception. AddoCarr being the Origin winger pulls an extra $90k so the Storm don't need to pay him over $400k either.

Gould is a pathological liar, though. You can not afford to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. He is so thoroughly and utterly morally bankrupt that every time he smiles, an angel gets gonorrhoea.

Not all that sure how you could run an NRL club any other way.

Last edited:

The calm one

Juniors
A lock is often referred to as the 3rd prop. Props and the lock all defend the middle ground and mostly attack through the middle. These 3 players together should plug the holes in defence up the middle. They should also be the ones who run straight and hard up the middle.
Great let's have the slowest lock in the league. For Christ's sake he has prop written all over his bomb head. What is the next great idea, Hunt to prop to make way for Norman. Please

possm

Coach
Great let's have the slowest lock in the league. For Christ's sake he has prop written all over his bomb head. What is the next great idea, Hunt to prop to make way for Norman. Please

I'd rather De Belin be cleared and we continue on with a well balanced forward pack. If De Belin is not cleared, we need to find a MIDDLE PLAYER who can slot in until the right person is recruited. Given that De Belin was in receipt of our long serving player allowance, there will be little cap released by his departure so not much cap there to recruit in 2019.

ViceVersa

Juniors
@possm If De Belin is out, why not put Korbin Sims at lock? He can ball play... Lawrie should then be the bench prop, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the team next year as Mary would pick K Sims/Latimore/Leilua/utility for the bench, like it or not. Also it's wrong to pick Robson on the bench just for the sake of picking him. He needs to replace McInnes altogether, or not be in the team at all. No good playing musical chairs with the spine during the game. And what would you do if an outside back got injured early? I'm a fan of having a utility back who can play lock. But I'm not a fan of putting them on with 5-10 mins to go like Mary. If used properly, can add another dimention to the attack, and easier to replace injured backs. Who I would see as the utility is Joe Lovodua or Euan Aitken. And yes, JL should be promoted to the top 30.

possm

Coach
@possm If De Belin is out, why not put Korbin Sims at lock? He can ball play... Lawrie should then be the bench prop, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the team next year as Mary would pick K Sims/Latimore/Leilua/utility for the bench, like it or not. Also it's wrong to pick Robson on the bench just for the sake of picking him. He needs to replace McInnes altogether, or not be in the team at all. No good playing musical chairs with the spine during the game. And what would you do if an outside back got injured early? I'm a fan of having a utility back who can play lock. But I'm not a fan of putting them on with 5-10 mins to go like Mary. If used properly, can add another dimention to the attack, and easier to replace injured backs. Who I would see as the utility is Joe Lovodua or Euan Aitken. And yes, JL should be promoted to the top 30.

Let's see! In my opinion we were always on first grade prop short last year then Ah Mau to NZ and we pick up K Sims a first grade prop. In my book we are still one first grade prop short so to put K Sims to lock we would be two first grade props short. Not a good idea. Lawrie is one of our bench props already but K Sims is a genuine first grade prop with experience at first grade level. Currently our prop rotation is:
Vaughan
Graham
K Sims
Laurie

Reserves
Kerr
Timm

You can just forget about Latimore and Allgood being relevant for first grade selection in 2019. Instead of buying so many outsid backs with potential, Maybe Millward should have purchased a genuine first grade winger and two first grade props. Aitken, Lafai, Allgood, Latimore, and Maranta are just stocking fillers. We have enough 'potential first graders' in Dufty, Field and other ISP players.

When it comes to Robson, he is our future at hooker and needs to be brought through to the first grade hooking position off the bench; increasing his minutes as the season progresses. He and Lomax are long term keepers.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Let's see! In my opinion we were always on first grade prop short last year then Ah Mau to NZ and we pick up K Sims a first grade prop. In my book we are still one first grade prop short so to put K Sims to lock we would be two first grade props short. Not a good idea. Lawrie is one of our bench props already but K Sims is a genuine first grade prop with experience at first grade level. Currently our prop rotation is:
Vaughan
Graham
K Sims
Laurie

Reserves
Kerr
Timm

You can just forget about Latimore and Allgood being relevant for first grade selection in 2019. Instead of buying so many outsid backs with potential, Maybe Millward should have purchased a genuine first grade winger and two first grade props. Aitken, Lafai, Allgood, Latimore, and Maranta are just stocking fillers. We have enough 'potential first graders' in Dufty, Field and other ISP players.

When it comes to Robson, he is our future at hooker and needs to be brought through to the first grade hooking position off the bench; increasing his minutes as the season progresses. He and Lomax are long term keepers.
Maybe Robert Jennings could play prop???