What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roberts at 5/8

eel01s

Bench
Absolutely fantastic game from Ben tonight! Great footwork, good kicking game, crisp passing (with one bad pass gifting Manly field position), very good defence, and all up I was very impressed with him tonight.

I thought he allowed Hayne to chime in to support just like a good fullback should. Exactly the sort of game we havbe been missing from a 5/8 for what seems like forever.

Parra Pride

Coach
But True EEL told me Roberts is a bad player, why would he lie to me like that?

#RobertsBuyOfTheYear

Daneel

Bench
Good post eelso1s, Roberts has been solid all year but he was outstanding tonight.

E_Cantona

Juniors
Awesome game from Roberts. The guy can play!

We have a good footy team starting to come through. oh yeah!

Agree - I think his biggest issue is that he doesn't back himself. Tonight looked like a night where he just wanted to go 'bang'.

Grail

Juniors
He is rocks or diamonds and always has been. When on song though, he is sublime. Silky skills and great footwork. Hopefully we get more diamonds from him this year then what he has delivered in the past.

barney gumble

Juniors
Roberts has one of the best long kicking games, good defence and is really developing as a playmaker. Short sighted grubs on this site take note, players having a dig and trying hard sometimes make mistakes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Will TrueEel bother going to Macca's tonight???

Roberts was awesome tonight bar that one pass.

Pazza

First Grade
I thought he allowed Hayne to chime in to support just like a good fullback should. Exactly the sort of game we havbe been missing from a 5/8 for what seems like forever.

Very satisfying to see hayne work off a ball player!

Parra Pride

Coach
If we ever get a game with Hayne, Sandow, and Roberts all firing will rack up a massive score.

#BringOnTheKnights

Easily player of the game.

Aside from one bad pass (that would've have hit the winger on the chest had he been there, Roberts still should've looked though) he was awesome. If Foran/Maloney/Mullen/Slater had a game like that we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Parra Pride

Coach
Easily player of the game.

Aside from one bad pass (that would've have hit the winger on the chest had he been there, Roberts still should've looked though) he was awesome. If Foran/Maloney/Mullen/Slater had a game like that we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Mate, it's not just Roberts, if Slater played the way Hayne did tonight on one leg he would be getting talked up as the second coming of Jesus.

#Hayne>Slater

Gronk

Staff member
I listened to Ando on ABC on the way home. He said that Roberts was hot tonight but it's consistency (with he and Sandow) that marr their games. He said that it is the biggest challenge that SK has for 2012.

Parra Pride

Coach
I listened to Ando on ABC on the way home. He said that Roberts was hot tonight but it's consistency (with he and Sandow) that marr their games. He said that it is the biggest challenge that SK has for 2012.

Roberts has been good in attack so far this year though, tonight he was amazing, I'm fine if he continues like that, sure his defence is the greatest but you don't buy halves for their defence.

#RobertsForPrimeMinister

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
In the big pressure games and when the pressure is on Roberts, defence is in his face all game, if he can get through a few of those games without loosing his marbles, without cracking up, he'll then be the true 5/8 we've been looking for a very long time. Though he played a great game tonight, definately MOM, I'll wait until he helps to win us 4 to 6 important big pressure games later on this season before getting too excited. Losing the games that matter or winning them is where it ALL counts.

Latest posts