What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roo merchandise spotted!

DIEHARD

----
You are more likely to bump into sasquatch than come across Kangaroos merchandise.

So I was very pleased when I walked into Rebel Sport Chermside and saw jerseys and caps. But the best thing was was that they were right smack in the middle of the store as you walk in. I'm talking about prime real estate. They have a mini rugby league metropolis going there, far far better than last time I went in there several months ago.

In other news AFL merchandise is hidden in corner out of the way, as not to offend customers. And stocks are depleted and decaying. ;-)

That's Tops Rebel Sport!

Good to see the ARL getting merchandise out there. It is nearly impossible to buy the jerseys. I hope Kangaroo merchandise is widely availible during the Tri Nations.

dimitri

First Grade
was there lions and kiwis merchandise as well

the arl should be bombarding us with this merchandise before the tri series

LESStar58

Referee
There is a shitload of Jerseys at Mick Simmons sports....I actually want to get a new Roos jersey (sponsoredby Phillips)...my favourite piece of clothing at the moment is an old Umbro manufactured and XXXX sponsored Kangaroos training jersey,the predominately white one....its a little too smallforme but just as long as I don't get taller or get a beer gut anytime soon I'll be fine!

DIEHARD

----
No sight of Lions and Kiwis jerseys. A damn shame they aren't out there as well.

Last time I saw a Lions jersey for sale in Australia was at the 2002 Test. We need them out there as well.

Anonymous

Juniors
The Kangaroos jersey is such a beautiful thing. I love seeing it out the front of shops. So much better than that Wallaby crap.

yakstorm

First Grade
Around where I live in Sydney, the Rebel stores have always had the Kangaroos jerseys, and in fact still offer both the Vee and Horizontal jerseys.

So thats Rebel Hornsby and Rebel Parramatta.

Also whenever I'm in Country NSW, the Sportspower stores in most towns always seem to have Roos gear.

So it is not impossible to get, but not as accessible as it should be. Perhaps what needs to happen is the NRL/ARL need to make it that any store that sells NRL gear, needs to stock at least a handful of Kangaroo jerseys.

If they are out there, people will be more inclinded to buy them.

ali

Bench
I'm looking forward to getting some new Roos merchandise after the Grand Final, when the LU tipping comp comes to its conclusion. Hopefully I'll pick up a signed footy from the 2003 tour also.

DIEHARD said:
No sight of Lions and Kiwis jerseys. A damn shame they aren't out there as well.

Last time I saw a Lions jersey for sale in Australia was at the 2002 Test. We need them out there as well.

Supporters World, Kiera St Wollongong has the lot!

Kangaroos, Kiwis, Lions, even the England WC RL jumper.

Not to mentions, Magpies, Steelers, Balmain, the old Green Machine "Video Ezy" ones, as well as all the new stuff. ;-)

Better make a trip down to the 'gong sometime.

The Kangaroo's Jumper is simply the best football jumper (of any code) in the country. And the Kangaroo's were our first national team to wear green and gold :D

We need to play more tests, we really need the "Pommy Bastards" to come over here for once. Play a test in Melbourne as well. Our code is a hell of alot better to market than that Wallabie rubbish.

ash the bash

Juniors
That's the one thing i need to get...
So far ive got the bunnies home, NSW Origin and know to get a Roo Jersey ;-)

DIEHARD

----
It is a shame every RL fan should have a team jumper and a Roo jumper. There SHOULD be thousands in circulation...but there isn't.

Anonymous

Juniors
I have the centenary jersey. Best looking sports jersey there is imo. Wish people wore it instead of that trendy vomit yellow wallaby crap.

Jeffles

Bench
Cenetnary of what? The only one I can think of is the 1995 RLWC jersey, which looked crap because of the excessive Winfield markings.

If you are talking about the 75 years of green and gold (horizontal stripes), then I',m with you. A top jersey which was the best 21st gift I got.

DIEHARD

----
God damn it. Rebel Sports Roo jerseys have dissapeared and the rugby league jerseys have moved from right in the middle up the front to the side.

No Kangaroos jerseys during Tri Nations. Only a few training jerseys.

DISGRACEFUL!!!

thescrum.co.uk

Juniors
Sorry to say, over here in London you would be lucky to find a GB League jersey anywhere, even harder to find the Kangaroos or Kiwi's also. If you look hard enough you will find them, but you would think with the Tri-Nations about to start they would all be out on show.

Besides that guys there is not a lot of advertisment going on over here at all for this. if it was not for the signs outside the Walkabout pubs you would not know it. And it does not help that the also call it the Tri-Nations as people see these signs and think they are showing replays of the Union.

Was speaking with some Kiwi friends over here and asked if they where going to the game in London vs Australia, none of them knew about it through lack of advertising. though they are all up for going along to see it.

lets hope they pull their finger out

bartman

Immortal
Maybe there's more chance of getting league jerseys out of London, in the North where the final five games are held. There's a little jersey shop here in York that even has NRL club and state of origin kits, so the league jerseys always share the window display with union gear.

It's a shame about the advertising in London for that Aus v NZ game. When I spent time there you really had to dig around and know where you were looking for any league information? Hope they do a massive PR blitz when the touring teams actually arrive...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

I saw the GB jersey at Rebel Sport Parramatta about a fortnight ago.