What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year - Walsh or Walker?

Rookie of the year

• Reece Walsh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Sam Walker

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

LeagueNut

First Grade
He's been arrested and charged. Will that affect him being able to come over to NZ when the world stops coming to an end?

flippikat

Bench
I don't wanna be "that guy" but I am going to be...

He's a 19 year old kid that went clubbing and got caught with a little bit of coke at the police station. Hurt no one, damaged nothing, didn't try and deceive the club.

Let's not make a mountain of a molehill.
Precisely. Let's not crucify him for a first offense. With the right support, he can turn this into a life lesson that makes him better equipped to handle everything without drugs.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This is all on him and him only. They are officially on holidays so by the players collective the clubs cannot make contact with them for 4 weeks. So a 18yo goes out on the Gold Coast with no minders from the club present.

Un Fkn beleivable

My first thought was this is Ben Barba all over again and the worrying thing is that hes doing coke at 18.
The sooner the club sets up camp in Redcliffe the better. They got to leave the GC ASAP
Cmon mate, how long do we want to keep these guys on the boob? Walsh is a first grade footballer, he's a father too. These guys need to go out and make their own mistakes. There's no catastrophe here - a guy with a bit of disposable income went out, got Coke, and yeah pretty stupidly got caught. He'll cop a good punishment, which is disappointing for us especially, but it's not the end of the world.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

He's a 19 year old kid that went clubbing and got caught with a little bit of coke at the police station. Hurt no one, damaged nothing, didn't try and deceive the club.

Probably couldn’t agree with this

He is a father for a start, that should have you growing up fairly quickly. They get extensive training and put through many programs as soon as they are on an NRL clubs books, and you’re well old enough at 18 to know the law and what happens if you break it, especially in the position he is in. He certainly won’t be lining up for young man money in a years time either

He should cop a lengthy ban, and also will learn from it and hopefully not mess up again for the rest of his career, nice wake up call early

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I dunno. The guy is 19, brain science says the decision-making part of the brain doesn't develop fully until they're 25 or so. You can sit him in as many seminars as you want, but after his first season in the NRL where everyone has blown endless smoke up his backside, the odds of making a bad choice are pretty high. To me it's a mistake, nothing more. We've all made them.

Meth

Staff member
Not the worst offence in the history of support, but he can hardly be accused of being intelligent.

Will definitely be interesting to see if this affects his ability to travel trans-taxman. Any precedent? I think Bromwich and Proctor are fine.

Meth

Staff member
Hope we do right by him and he remembers that when it comes around to contract extensions

You can do that if your name isn't up in spotlights.

Matua

Bench
He's been arrested and charged. Will that affect him being able to come over to NZ when the world stops coming to an end?
I assume he has NZ citizenship so it wont have any effect.

Doubt this will put his Warriors contract in danger, might even increase his worth to the club (Lodge, AFB ...)

Also, I thought he handled himself well in the press release. Didn't try and weasel out of it.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Won’t affect his ability to travel to NZ, he’ll get off with a slap on the wrist for that. might make going somewhere like the USA a bit tricker, but NZ/Aus you have to do some fairly serious stuff (ie that carries a custodial sentence) to lost your travel privileges.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Braindead clown, only got arrested because he wouldn’t move on when asked by the cops and they found it on him at the station

Can take the boy out of the Broncos but not the Broncos out of the boy
Ooft, the refusing to move on in bit is worse than the nosebeers IMO. plenty do the latter but have that sense not to draw the cops attention when it’s on them

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Cam Munted and Brandon Sniff

seriously though they’re the tip of the iceberg, I reckon at least half the players in the comp imbibe the beers of the nose. It’s the recreational substance of choice among young blokes with a bit of cash to spend.

Scott

Bench
Munster and Brandon, as usual with Munster it will be nothing to see here

Disagree - I think the bosses at Melbourne might just about of had enough with Munster.

He will play for the Warriors in 2022, then the new franchise from 2023 onwards.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cam Munted and Brandon Sniff

seriously though they’re the tip of the iceberg, I reckon at least half the players in the comp imbibe the beers of the nose. It’s the recreational substance of choice among young blokes with a bit of cash to spend.

Correct, which is why these blokes should get flogged with heavy punishments

If you want to be young and imbecilic, go and do that rather than signing your 6 figure footy contract. As Gus said, you only have 8-10 years to stay straight and earn your coin, then you can be as big a dickhead as you like

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Rothfield saying a couple of weeks for the players with fines of Munster 40k, Smith 20k and Walsh 5k

Credit to Walsh and the Warriors for fronting up and taking ownership

The other mob of cheats showing their standard colours with the players not co-operating with the integrity unit and the Storm refusing to speak about it

Latest posts