What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year - Walsh or Walker?

Rookie of the year

• Reece Walsh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Sam Walker

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Has it been sufficiently explained yet how Walsh got 2 games suspension and the Melbourne guys one?

At a guess, Walsh busted with the gear on him, the other guys busted but no actual physical evidence

Storm guys should have gotten some GST for refusing to co-operate with the questions asked

hitro

Juniors
Who will play fullback for first 3 games 2022?? Hard to think of anyone suitable. Could it be Fusitua?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
At a guess, Walsh busted with the gear on him, the other guys busted but no actual physical evidence

Storm guys should have gotten some GST for refusing to co-operate with the questions asked
Absolute horse shit. Everyone knows what the white powder is. I'd add GST to the fact Munster and Smith are relative veterans, and if they refused to cooperate too.

Who will play fullback for first 3 games 2022?? Hard to think of anyone suitable. Could it be Fusitua?
Why three games? I thought Walsh got suspended for two.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Walsh got suspended for 1 game for starting the fight in the Titans game. I gotta admit I had switched off the season by then and didn't realise it. Since when did players get suspended for running in and pushing someone?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Absolute horse shit. Everyone knows what the white powder is. I'd add GST to the fact Munster and Smith are relative veterans, and if they refused to cooperate too.

Why three games? I thought Walsh got suspended for two.
Sure. But it wouldn’t be sufficient to get them convicted in court and as far as I’m aware they were only shown in the same room as it, not actually snorting lines. Walsh was caught in possession AND refused to move on when directed by cops, a double whammy of stupid there.he need to be kept on a short leash next season. He’s a serious risk of going down the Latrell Mitchell or worse, Jarryd Hayne route.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sure. But it wouldn’t be sufficient to get them convicted in court and as far as I’m aware they were only shown in the same room as it, not actually snorting lines. Walsh was caught in possession AND refused to move on when directed by cops, a double whammy of stupid there.he need to be kept on a short leash next season. He’s a serious risk of going down the Latrell Mitchell or worse, Jarryd Hayne route.
Hey whoa, guy has played one season and done one thing wrong - possession. Nothing else. Absolute insanity to compare him to people like that. Especially a convicted sex offender.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hey whoa, guy has played one season and done one thing wrong - possession. Nothing else. Absolute insanity to compare him to people like that. Especially a convicted sex offender.
not much that aspect of Hayne. But he and Latrell are two guys with prodigious talent who never really had anyone say no to them. In Haynes case it completely ruined him as a footballer and a human. Latfell obviously is still a great footballer, but he seems to have developed quite an on-field attitude in the last year or so, one that definitely cost him a finals series and quite possibly const him and his club a premiership in the end. I hopehe wakes up to himself, and I hope the Warriors keep Walsh grounded and he doesn’t become a petulant primadonna.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
not much that aspect of Hayne. But he and Latrell are two guys with prodigious talent who never really had anyone say no to them. In Haynes case it completely ruined him as a footballer and a human. Latfell obviously is still a great footballer, but he seems to have developed quite an on-field attitude in the last year or so, one that definitely cost him a finals series and quite possibly const him and his club a premiership in the end. I hopehe wakes up to himself, and I hope the Warriors keep Walsh grounded and he doesn’t become a petulant primadonna.
OK, fully with you on that. Massive trapping of a young superstar in sport or specifically for us in the NRL. Shaun Johnson suffered with it for his whole initial career at the Warriors. Massively touted as a rookie, tasted immediate success, pumped up wherever he went and got a massive ego + a fixed mindset about his game. Didn't work hard enough, wouldn't take feedback on, blamed everyone but himself (media mostly, also fans at the 2017 World Cup or whatever year that disaster was) and eventually left in ignominy. I think he's grown up immensely since then and needed to go elsewhere to grow up. But yeah as you say, he had guys blowing smoke up his arse and it was detrimental.

I think RTS would've been invaluable to Walsh, in terms of a grounding influence and playing with an established star who had a massive work ethic and little ego. Unfortunately he's not there now, so I hope someone like Harris is able to continue to keep him in check.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think RTS would've been invaluable to Walsh, in terms of a grounding influence and playing with an established star who had a massive work ethic and little ego. Unfortunately he's not there now, so I hope someone like Harris is able to continue to keep him in check.
ironically enough it might actually end up bein SJ himself who becomes that mentor for Walsh now, with the benefit of age and experience.

hitro

Juniors
ok now it def won't be Fusitu'a at FB games 1-3, far out who is left to pick from?