What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roopy Threads

Rex Banner

Juniors
Roopy!!!!!
Just a sugestion!
If you are going to start all different threads you should go through the process of answering the different points of view. OR do you only want to let people know what you know whether it is right or wrong.

cram

Bench
With the risk of sounding stereotypical, "...please explain???????????????"

TooheysNew

Coach
At the risk of sounding like I don't have a clue what you're talking about, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Rex Banner

Juniors
I am not having a go at Roopy!!!!
I really enjoy reading his point of view. Everyone is entitlted to that. But when he gives points AS FACT you have to be able to back up your information.Ther are a lot of people reading these threads who take Roopy's word as gospel.

cram

Bench
thats fine... i did not know what you were saying therefore could not interpret one way or the other whether you were having a go at him or not but I still dont know exactly what you are refering to. Please provide an example of what you are refering to.

Rex Banner

Juniors
That's fine!!!!!!
Mitchell Steel comes from Taree.
Sam Wooden comes from Newcastle. This is just a quick eg......

cram

Bench
Yep okay....and ?????. Good luck you really have done yourself an injustice here. You come onto the forum, and despite your intentions, have had a shot at a respected member of this forum.

You have accused him of certain things, and you may be right in what you say, but you yourself have not backed up your opinion with any facts. The answer you gave may mean something to you but it means jack sh*t to me and I would suggest it means nothing to most people. Again I ask ".....please explain?"

roopy

Referee
Yeah Rex.
Mr x is probably right about Steel comming from Taree - but I thought i'd ask the guy who told me he played for the RIP about it before replying (I haven't caught up with him yet - but his son was in the RIP team yesterday).

You were right about Wooden not being from the central coast and not related to Grant Wooden - I thought I acknowledged that 6 months ago when it came up - but, If not, sorry.

I do rely on a lot of heresay and my dodgy memory, so I do make mistakes.

I don't really care about making mistakes, because I never put up any of the nasty rumours I hear - and it is important to have threads about the juniors IMO - and I always seem to have lots of people to correct me - which is a good thing.

Rex Banner

Juniors
Cram!!!
I am not having a go at Roopy!!!!
As I said I enjoy reading his point of view. As we are all entitled to. But sometimes his statements of fact are wrong. An assessment of a player or a game is great, but statements of fact should be supported as SWAMPIE would support.

roopy

Referee
Rex Banner, Swampy and Mr X are all people who obviously know a lot about our juniors.
They never put up much information, which, I suspect, is because they are too close to the teams to be 'telling tales' - but they are all quick to correct me - which is a good thing - because the correct information comes out in the end.

cram

Bench
Yep well I am still not convinced of the credibility of this thread. I can accept Rex Banner's assertion that he/she is not having a shot at our beloved Roopy, however, I still wonder why the thread was started in the first place. A private post could have addressed the concerns directly with Roopy.

So at the end of the day I would just simply say this thread has little credibility.

roopy

Referee
I often wonder what the kids in the lower grades would make of the things said about them by me and others if they read the forum - and sometimes they do.
A couple of years ago I had one guy who was obviously a player (and he still plays) rip into me for saying something about him. He implied he would like to know who I was (I was sitting about ten seats away from him yesterday) - maybe with the idea of sorting me out.
Anyway - I try not to be harsh with my assessments of players - and i cop grief for that sometimes too - because people think I portrait all our juniors as worldbeaters when they are not.