What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooster - Penrith spoiler

salivor

First Grade
I'll say it again, Broncos v Bulldogs should've been the friday match. Crowd doesn't look that great either for a grand final replay.

Big Mick

Referee
a few words can describe this performance from both teams.

Penrith - Pathetic, Woeful, disgraceful

Roosters - Magnificent, Vengeful, Wonderful.

Totally outplayed us.

We saved a bit of face by putting up a fight in the second half, but god the roosters were hot.

just not the night for panthers. plenty of back to back possessions in the second half yet no result. the panthers' backline (1-7) missed more tackles than the roosters as a whole. unbelievable.

lodown

Juniors
Forum Idiot said:
that was a sh*t game . channel 9 are having a shocker this year. woeful crowd.

how is it channel 9's fault. You cant tell me (beside broncos v dogs) that any other game this weekend on paper would outclass this game.

this shits me with people whinging about channel 9 playing shit games. 9/10 the game looks the best on paper, what have they got to have some f**king crystal ball to see the game will be a carve up.

would you prefer knights v manly or cowboys v souths :roll:

pcpp

Juniors
2nd vs 4th: 44-12
4th vs 13th (or 14th?): 72-12
1st, 2nd or 3rd vs 15th? 100-12?

What quality of league.

Forum Idiot

Bench
lodown said:
Forum Idiot said:

how is it channel 9's fault. You cant tell me (beside broncos v dogs) that any other game this weekend on paper would outclass this game.

this sh*ts me with people whinging about channel 9 playing sh*t games. 9/10 the game looks the best on paper, what have they got to have some f***ing crystal ball to see the game will be a carve up.

down, boy. thats no what i mean. they picked the right game but it blew up in their face.

lodown

Juniors
Forum Idiot said:
lodown said:
Forum Idiot said:

this sh*ts me with people whinging about channel 9 playing sh*t games. 9/10 the game looks the best on paper, what have they got to have some f***ing crystal ball to see the game will be a carve up.

down, boy. thats no what i mean. they picked the right game but it blew up in their face.

ok, sorry :oops: just see so many people whinging about channel 9 showing crap games. but i see what you mean, nearly every blockbuster game this season has turned into a carveup

RICHO

Juniors
pcpp said:

What quality of league.

11th V 2nd
26-12

So what would 11th v 15th be??!?

Sorry mate, those types of comparisons mean nothing.

RICHO said:
pcpp said:

What quality of league.

11th V 2nd
26-12

So what would 11th v 15th be??!?

Sorry mate, those types of comparisons mean nothing.

It Was Actually

Sharks 11th Vs Roosters 1st, they were in 1st at the time

Makes The Sharks Look Real Good, GIDDY UP

Bring On The Eels

skeepe

Immortal
What a Jekyll & Hyde performance from the Roosters tonight. Magnificent first half, pathetic second half. Someone should have told them the game goes for 80 minutes, not 40.

Still, if they play like they did in the first half teams are going to be running scared come finals time. If they play like they did in the second half they'll be carved up.

One question, what's with the Roosters fans leaving en masse with 5 minutes to go? Surely you'd want to savour every moment of a victory like that? Very quiet crowd too in the second half despite the huge score.

Munky

Coach
Damn,

All week I have said that our win against Manly was for nothing if we lost to the Roosters.

But we proved ourselves this year and that was all I asked, we took out the Roosters in round 4 when we had much to prove. We took out the dogs without Gower.

I won't mind if we got knocked out first week of the finals as I am proud of the boys and their acheivements over the last 2 seasons.

The reason supporters leave with 5 to go is because they only leave one exit opened in the carpark and if you leave after full time it can take up to an hour to get out.

NPK

Bench
Yep, the Panthers won the second half :p

It's almost ironic that their only pointscorer in that game will be a Rooster next year.

choc_soldier

Coach
NPK said:
Yep, the Panthers won the second half :p

It's almost ironic that their only pointscorer in that game will be a Rooster next year.

For sure. :eek:

He's now out for at least a couple of weeks apparently with a hamstring injury.