What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooster want their trophy back.

Snoochies

First Grade
After the Eels upset the premiers last weekend, the Roosters want the Jack Gibson Cup back

PARRAMATTA finally have some silverware to accompany their back-to-back booby prizes — and now they’re being told to hand it back.

News Limited can reveal a skirmish has erupted between the Eels and Roosters over the rightful holders of the Jack Gibson Cup, which Parramatta grabbed after last weekend’s upset win.
After claiming consecutive wooden spoons in the past two seasons, Eels players and officials were over the moon to accept the Cup that commemorates the late master coach.
The opposition were less enthused, believing they should have been awarded the prize for winning this season’s two matches on aggregate — 68-18.
Roosters CEO Brian Canavan confirmed his club had written to Eels boss Scott Seward to request the silverware be sent back.
“I think it might have been the excitement of a great win that made Parramatta think they were entitled to the ­trophy,” Canavan said.
“On the night it was my recollection that it was won on aggregate. They called (Roosters skipper) Anthony Minichiello on stage first, but then (Eels skipper) Tim Mannah went up there to get the trophy.
“It was very difficult to do anything while the ceremony was taking place, but we’ve since sent an e-mail informing Parramatta that it’s actually won on aggregate. We’ve got press releases from when the Jack Gibson Cup was first launched in 2008 to prove it.”

The Parramatta Eels strong start to the season has continued after the blue and golds edged out the Roosters 14-12 at Pirtek Stadium.

The hometown MC responsible for handing over the trophy, Paul Chippendale, confirmed a fired-up Roosters heavyweight approached him after the presentation.
“I didn’t know it was won on aggregate, but I have to accept blame — it’s not Parramatta’s fault,” Chippendale said. “When we were up on stage, Mini did have a strange look on his face. I just thought he had the shits because he lost. When we finished, one of their officials walked up to me. He wasn’t happy.”
Despite Chippendale’s admission, Seward was yesterday exploring avenues to keep the trophy at Parramatta HQ.
He contended that when the Eels accepted the prize in 2008, they also lost on aggregate, proving it was awarded at a “one-off” match each season.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/af...-gibson-cup-back/story-fndv34of-1226887024092

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Lol this story's quite funny. . Here's mini all pumped to accept his trophy and big smiles Mannah cruises up and accepts it and walks off .

Gronk

Staff member
Lol this story's quite funny. . Here's mini all pumped to accept his trophy and big smiles Mannah cruises up and accepts it and walks off .

We have a great record of trophy giving.

Like the time that we mounted the game ball for Joey Johns in 2006/7 after he broke the all time something or other record. Because we flogged the Knights he got the shits and walked off without collecting shit.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
We have a great record of trophy giving.

Like the time that we mounted the game ball for Joey Johns in 2006/7 after he broke the all time something or other record. Because we flogged the Knights he got the shits and walked off without collecting shit.

I got much more enjoyment watching him walk off with the shits and the aftermath than I ever would've watching him accept it . I'm sure JT did too :lol:

eel01s

Bench
Chippendale said. ?When we were up on stage, Mini did have a strange look on his face. I just thought he had the shits because he lost. When we finished, one of their officials walked up to me. He wasn?t happy.?

Bwahahahahahaha

TheParraboy

Staff member
We will most likely play them in the semis again and smack their feathery behinds once more

trophy stays :cool:

T.S Quint

Coach
If they want it, then thy can come and get it.
We'll have Manu Ma'u, Junior Paulo, Pauli Pauli and Mitchell "I beat the crap out of Matai's face" Allgood guarding it.

Latest posts