What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters 2021 Predictions

Valheru

Coach
With the season fast approaching, thought it would be a good time to put out what we are expecting from this season. For me, our ceiling is still to win the comp, however our floor is probably lower than it has been since Robbo got here with the exception of 2016 which had extenuating circumstances. Don't think we could drop to bottom 4 this year or anything like that but missing the 8 especially if we have some injuries wouldn't be the shock of the century IMO.

I do expect a faster start than last season. Losing the first 2 games in 2020 followed buy the COVID break and subsequent shorter season meant we had to hit form early to keep pace with the top 4 and we ran out of gas in a big way at the end of season.

With that being said, below are my predictions for this season

Where will the roosters finish in the regular season? 3rd
If they make finals, how far will they go? Prelim Final
Top try scorer? Daniel Tupou
Roosters player of the year? Teddy
How many roosters will play SOO? 6 with one debutant (Radley)
Who wins the comp, if not the roosters? Souths (hate to say it)
Who wins SOO? NSW 2-1
What will our halves paring be by end of season? Keary and Walker
Will Cords retire by end of season? Yes
Will Jake Friend go around in 2022? My feeling is no but depends on Verrils.

Thanks for the opening post and the creation of this thread @Valheru, it is a good and worthwhile one. I don't yet have any views of what to expect. I will have to get my act together and start thinking about it sooner rather than later! I am still in off season mode. :)

I go into every season with expectations. Sometimes high, sometimes low - mainly high. Pretty stumped this year because there’s some transitional elements in key positions this year. Questions on whether Keary and Cordner with concussion history will last the year. Friend injury stints seem to go longer but the fact that we don’t have a halves pairing guaranteed, settled yet is the main one. All our options there look pretty good but they’ll need time. Top for but not confident.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I’m tipping a top 4 finish on the proviso we stay relatively healthy. Both Keary and Cordner have question marks over whether either of both will see out the year. A real worry to be honest.

Here’s hoping that Billy Smith’s injury woes are behind him because we are going to need a decent goal kicker. Can anyone else aside from SST kick?

I’m not sure we can win the thing but are a better chance than probably 10 other sides of doing so. I don’t think Robbo has to reinvent the team but the backend of last season, starting with the flogging South’s gave us were disappointing although not entirely surprising. Hoping the regular inclusion of Smith, Lam, Walker and the return of Rads and Sam V will breathe some life back into us.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Its certainly going to be an interesting season. I personally don't think we can win it, but will certainly be in the mix. The main threat I think is $ouff$ not because they deserve it but I think it might be another 2014 where its decided they will be gifted another premiership, I really hope not. Karma is a bitch so I see them getting too many injuries and I doubt LM will last the season.

Some points from me:

1. Our goal kicking and halves are the biggest concerns for me. Apart from SST, I am not sure who else is a reliable kicker. We certainly don't have a good one. Gee I wish we still had James Maloney, despite his age, etc.

2. It is such a disappointment about Billy Smith. I am concerned now about his ability to recover at such a young age. Then again, Teddy had multiple similar injuries when he was younger, and look how he is turning out. Hopefully Billy might be back by around August.

3. I think we will finish around fourth or fifth. I cannot see us winning it either, but I just hope that the Rabble don't! I can just about handle anyone else doing so!

4. I am looking forward to seeing Walker and Suaalii come along, and of course Victor and Sam returning. Victor in particular was sorely missed for us last season.

5. @horrie hastings, I am actually going to the game next Saturday! I didn't go to any last year, so I am most excited. I am hoping to travel to Blacktown on Sunday to watch the Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup sides. The footy is finally back! Boy it has felt like a long off season. It cannot return quick enough.

horrie hastings

First Grade
5. @horrie hastings, I am actually going to the game next Saturday! I didn't go to any last year, so I am most excited. I am hoping to travel to Blacktown on Sunday to watch the Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup sides. The footy is finally back! Boy it has felt like a long off season. It cannot return quick enough.

Yep i'm going too, i only went to one game last year, the game against Cronulla at the SCG, Aubbos record breaking game so looking forward to going this Saturday, will be interesting to see what sought of our crowd we get, the SCG has a 75% capacity for crowds at the moment, the annoying thing is i usually like sitting in the Noble Stand but currently Ticketek is doing the seating even for SCG members so have seats in the Ladies stand.

Valheru

Coach
I'm also going to the game, haven't been to one since the 2019 GF so can't wait.

I'm hopeful of a crowd of 15-20k

I redeemed my members ticket yesterday for the game and pay was over 10k so that's a decent sign.

I am certainly looking forward to it too. We will be sitting in the Brewangle Stand this time. At least we won't have to be squinting into the sun and trying to see the small scoreboard. It should be better than the O'Reilly stand, but I will reserve judgement. It will just be great to be back at the footy again.

I tip Easts by 14.