What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

j5o6hn

Juniors
I,m just curious was there any body from the club supposed to keep an eye on these idiots,if so has he been sacked along with a few officials who should have known that you cant trust the players not to make idiots of themselves when booze is involved

kbw

Bench
I made some very interesting discoveries this year. I got involved in junior rep football.

Guess who is the club that does less for their juniors than everyone else ?
Its St George.

The guys running the St George area junior clubs get nothing, absolutely nothing. They want a jerset to raffle to raise money, they have to go to Big W and buy it, the club won't even help then get signatures on it.

adamkungl

Immortal
I made some very interesting discoveries this year. I got involved in junior rep football.

Guess who is the club that does less for their juniors than everyone else ?
Its St George.

The guys running the St George area junior clubs get nothing, absolutely nothing. They want a jerset to raffle to raise money, they have to go to Big W and buy it, the club won't even help then get signatures on it.

St George would have less juniors than us if they didn't takeover the Steelers.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

OK sonny jim. Time for a history lesson.

Go get a map and look for Alison Road, Randwich and Anzac Parade.
Go on... then come back here and read on. You got your map? Good.

From 1908 until Glebe got the arse in the late 20's or early 1930's everything South of Alison Road and EAST of Anzac Parade belonged to Easts. Easts had 5 local council districts as did Souths who owned all the juniors West of Anzac Parade.

Back in those days any boundary changes required 70% of clubs to agree before the boundaries were changed. The year before Glebe went to the wall Souths and Balmain tabled a motion requesting that boundary changes should only require 50% of clubs to agree. The 1930's were an era of friendly co-operation, so other clubs agreed and the rules were changed.

When Glebe went to the wall, their Juniors area was to be divided amongst the neighbours. Balmain wanted the lions share - but Souths also wanted their share. Balmain and Souths agreed that if Souths left Glebes area to Balmain then Balmain would back Souths in a power play to take Maroubra, Coogee, Randwick etc from Easts and give them to Souths.

Souths and Balmain got 3 more votes by buying them. As Glebe had gone their vote didnt count and Easts lost about 75% of their productive working class juniors area to Souths.

Right after the vote, most clubs realised how dangerous the 50% boundary change thing was and the rules were switched back from 50% to 70% of votes required to make boundary changes - but Souths hung onto Easts Juniors. Easts were left with Paddington, Clovelly, Bondi & Waverley as their only effective juniors suburbs.

Souths have not been RAPED by Easts as you put it. All we have been doing is offering reasonable contracts to young men who by rights should have been Easts Juniors all along. Unfortunately thanks to skullduggery by Souths and inaction down the years by the administrators, the myth of us "stealing" Souths juniors has been allowed to perpetuate.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Ron Coote,Jim Morgan,Elwyn Walters three Internationals.

Ron Coote was from Kingsford, which is right on the border between Easts and Souths. Had the borders not changed - he may well have been an Easts junior anyway.

Jim Morgan was from Newcastle, so Souths "stole" him first

Elwyn Walters was a Queenslander - so he wasn't a Souths junior either. Just another bloke that played for more than 1 Sydney club.

Keep trying mate :p

ando4285

Juniors
I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

I like that, hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Do you honestly believe Roosters are that influential. Are you a member of the Roosters? Are you one of the 20 or 30 fans that attend their home games.

Dragons would have beaten Roosters by even more if Fitzgibbon wasn't playing the other night. Where does he come from again??

At the moment Roosters are an embarrassment to the game.

How do you reckon the Port Moresby Roosters sound??

the reason fitzgibbon left the dragons is coz they wouldnt pay him instead deciding to keep ryles over luke bailey that was a stroke of genius and the only reason they merged wit the steelers was to get there junior base the illawarra side of the club is pretty much no exsistant they got well and truelly shafted the roosters wont be relocated any time in the near future coz as u say they have high powered supporters who have money

I love the fact because Stains are having one good year they think they can be up themselves and think they are much better than everyone else.

Monk

Referee
One day Saints fans will learn to celebrate their clubs fortune and not other clubs misfortune. Grow up "Big Time."

Big Time

Juniors
OK sonny jim. Time for a history lesson.

Go get a map and look for Alison Road, Randwich and Anzac Parade.
Go on... then come back here and read on. You got your map? Good.

From 1908 until Glebe got the arse in the late 20's or early 1930's everything South of Alison Road and EAST of Anzac Parade belonged to Easts. Easts had 5 local council districts as did Souths who owned all the juniors West of Anzac Parade.

Back in those days any boundary changes required 70% of clubs to agree before the boundaries were changed. The year before Glebe went to the wall Souths and Balmain tabled a motion requesting that boundary changes should only require 50% of clubs to agree. The 1930's were an era of friendly co-operation, so other clubs agreed and the rules were changed.

When Glebe went to the wall, their Juniors area was to be divided amongst the neighbours. Balmain wanted the lions share - but Souths also wanted their share. Balmain and Souths agreed that if Souths left Glebes area to Balmain then Balmain would back Souths in a power play to take Maroubra, Coogee, Randwick etc from Easts and give them to Souths.

Souths and Balmain got 3 more votes by buying them. As Glebe had gone their vote didnt count and Easts lost about 75% of their productive working class juniors area to Souths.

Right after the vote, most clubs realised how dangerous the 50% boundary change thing was and the rules were switched back from 50% to 70% of votes required to make boundary changes - but Souths hung onto Easts Juniors. Easts were left with Paddington, Clovelly, Bondi & Waverley as their only effective juniors suburbs.

Souths have not been RAPED by Easts as you put it. All we have been doing is offering reasonable contracts to young men who by rights should have been Easts Juniors all along. Unfortunately thanks to skullduggery by Souths and inaction down the years by the administrators, the myth of us "stealing" Souths juniors has been allowed to perpetuate.

Wow thanks mate. So you are admitting you rob Souths of juniors.

Big Time

Juniors
One day Saints fans will learn to celebrate their clubs fortune and not other clubs misfortune. Grow up "Big Time."

Hey champ, I just suggested that Roosters relocate, this was not a celebration of their misfortune, although the misdemeanors do keep me entertained.

I will try and grow up. The wrath of the Roosters supporters is really starting to cut deep. As I said before, you boys just need to keep your chin up, you will come good. Wooden Spoon ain't that bad, at least you will win something.

Loudstrat

Coach
Love this thread.

The chooks have done as well as anyone this decade. It's not as if Melbourne haven't bought anyone, or Manly and Brisbane for that matter.

Chooks crowds are good too. Everywhere. For years they were the highest drawing away team.

Lambretta

First Grade
Wow thanks mate. So you are admitting you rob Souths of juniors.

Yes, that's exactly what I wasn't saying.

I know some really decent blokes who are Saints fans and right now, I feel sorry for them for supporting a club that has you as a supporter.

adamkungl

Immortal
But they did merge and Illawarra have plenty of juniors. You cannot talk about one without the other. They now play as St George/Illwarra.

That argument doesn't fly when most of your fans would throw away Illawarra without blinking an eye. Admit it, every toothless braindead resident of the sh*thole that is Carlton would be partying in the streets of Illawarra was gone. Then within months your sh*thouse club would be more of a basket case than Cronulla.

Latest posts