What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters and Concussion

SBD82

Coach
Curious about people’s thoughts on the Roosters and the reasons for their recent spate of issues with concussion.

Between Cordner, Keary and Tedesco, they seem to have their leaders experiencing concussion (and repeated concussions) at a higher rate than usual.

Theories? Thoughts? Is it something about the way that they are coached to defend as a side or tackling technique? Is their playing group more committed to putting their team above their own health? Just an anomaly? Am I only noticing because it’s the high profile players?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Curious about people’s thoughts on the Roosters and the reasons for their recent spate of issues with concussion.

Between Cordner, Keary and Tedesco, they seem to have their leaders experiencing concussion (and repeated concussions) at a higher rate than usual.

Theories? Thoughts? Is it something about the way that they are coached to defend as a side or tackling technique? Is their playing group more committed to putting their team above their own health? Just an anomaly? Am I only noticing because it’s the high profile players?
Is it a statistical anomaly or a trend? You'd have to have the data on players going off for HIA's to determine if its reality or perception.

Fangs

Coach
One thing is clear: They have been playing shithouse football for a very long time now. Not up to the standards they've set in the past.

They've bet on the wrong horses like Radley and JWH and no matter who they sign they seem like the same team. So I'd say it has something to do with the revered Trent Robinson.

simmo1

First Grade
Tedesco had a heap of HIA's at the Tigers. It nearly seemed part of the opposition plans for a while.

He was getting hit much less at the start of his Roosters stint compared to the past few years.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
The halves are fragile broken little men
Cordner is the missing link between Homo sapien and Neanderthals
Tedesco has the running style of a 5 year old sperg

Wb1234

Referee
One thing is clear: They have been playing shithouse football for a very long time now. Not up to the standards they've set in the past.

They've bet on the wrong horses like Radley and JWH and no matter who they sign they seem like the same team. So I'd say it has something to do with the revered Trent Robinson.
Brandon smith has been a terrible signing for them

Saxon

Bench
Not saying that Roosters train poor tackling technique, but another one tonight...

sheepbender

Juniors

Is this the same 3 time Premiership winning Jared Waerea-Hargreaves you're calling the wrong horse..?

JamesRustle

First Grade
It looks like the Roosters coaching and medical staff are using the players as guinea pigs for research. Framing up their own data sets on concussion so they can publish a review and advacne thier own careers. Any German doctors on the Roosters staff?

With some of our players, I would. They need better technique that does not involve leading with their heads.

vZGgD5.gif

Latest posts