What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Backline 2010 from Rumoured Signings Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

Halycon

Juniors
I was under the impression that we had little to no money left under the cap. How could we possibly hope to sign either one of those players?

I remember Fittler being keen to try it out but I'm not sure that it eventuated.

I do faintly remember SKD playing a few games at centre last year however.

Three games in all. Twice in 2007 and once against Penrith this year. Not much difference.

ando4285

Juniors
1.mini
2.linnett
3.williamson
4.Graham
5.perrett

symonds will end up playin backrower the way most of em play now its basically and extra centre he's pretty handy with the ball aswell

D

Deleted member 10972

I think you will find that we start the year with our 5 most experienced players:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Aubusson
4. Graham
5. Kenny-Dowall

But expect that after maybe 10 rounds:

- either Kane Linnett or Ryan Williamson to push into the centres, with Mitch Aubusson shifting to the forward pack

- either Ryan Williamson or Sandor Earl put a lot of pressure on SKD, and maybe even get in the team ahead of SKD

I expect Minichiello, Perrett and Graham, if injury free, will be permanent fixtures in the backline at fullback, wing and centre respectively. The question marks are over Mitch Aubusson (he is a forward much in the same way Tom Symonds is, only a stopgap centre) and Shaun Kenny-Dowall (his form is the issue).

JT_

Juniors
SKD is not up to it.

A 12 year old kid could of intercepted that pass and scored what would of been a possible match winner at the end against the Cowboys, but no, he doesn't appear to have a set of decent hands and that's been evident for years now.

I've never seen Graham play before, i probably have but can't put a face to his name so i'll pass judgement on him.

But next year i'd like to see

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Williamson
4. Symonds
5. Graham/SKD if he gets a new set of hands.

Back row is still a bit of a mystery.

Last edited:

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Is there a possibility of Perret retaining the fullback spot? He was fantastic in the position this year- and Minichello is a decent winger who is in and out of the squad a fair bit. Would it be better (given injuries) to have the more durable guy in this important position?

Just a question.. dont shoot.. please..

D

Deleted member 10972

Expect to see Perrett and Mini interchanging between wing and fullback all game. It will balance out their workloads, and allow both of them to return the ball with plenty of gusto.

fred92

Juniors
1. Minichello
2. Graham (if the rumours are indeed true)
3. Symonds
4. Linnett (if the rumours are indeed true)
5. Perrett

We'll have a competitive backline provided SKD is shafted. I don't understand how such a poor winger, both positionally and in terms of speed, handling and defence, continues to retain his spot in a first grade side.

fred92

Juniors
1. Minichello
2. Graham (if the rumours are indeed true)
3. Symonds
4. Linnett (if the rumours are indeed true)
5. Perrett

We'll have a competitive backline provided SKD is shafted. I don't understand how such a poor winger, both positionally and in terms of speed, handling and defence, continues to retain his spot in a first grade side.
S.K.D. has been the only player we have that continually broke opposition lines this year and turned many of those breaks into tries. You say he is a poor defender, Im sure the reason for this is his compulsion to spend time out of position in centre field. This is of course detrimental to our team out wide, he played this way all year long with impunity from the coach. Ibelieve this will change next year. S.K.D.is astrong agressive defender and international player to boot.

footy1

Juniors
I've played against Moeakiola and he's nothing special.

Sandor Earl on the other hand, is the worst player to ever play NRL.

Sandor Earl has improved immensely since playing NRL. He was thrown in before he was due but to the kid's credit, he came back down to the NYC and seems to have found his position in the centres. Also Moeakiola is one of the brightest prospects we have coming through the system along with Boyd Cordner and Ryan Williamson. Maybe you caught him on an off day.

Dave Q

Coach
S.K.D. has been the only player we have that continually broke opposition lines this year and turned many of those breaks into tries. You say he is a poor defender, Im sure the reason for this is his compulsion to spend time out of position in centre field. This is of course detrimental to our team out wide, he played this way all year long with impunity from the coach. Ibelieve this will change next year. S.K.D.is astrong agressive defender and international player to boot.

Yes, hes a quality player.

A bit of refinement and some decent inside men would help.

roosters4life

Juniors
Depth Chart

Fullback:
1. Anthony Minichello
2. Sam Perrett
3. Luke Towers
4. Todd Carney - Unlikely

Wing
1. Shaun Kenny Dowall
2. Sandor Earl
3. Sam Perrett
4. Phil Graham
5. Sisa Waqa - Hope not
6. Iwi Hauraki

Centres
1. Mitch Aubbuson
2. Linnett - I havent heard alot of him
3. Ryan Williamson
4. Phil Graham
5. Ben Jones
6. Sa - HOPE NOT!!!!
7. Tom Symonds

Halves
1. Mitchell Pearce
2. Braith Anasta
3. Todd Carney
4. Ben Jones
5. Luke Towers
6. James Aubusson if we really need him in the halves

Hooker
1. Jake Friend
2. James Aubosson
3. Riley Brown

Forwards
1. FPN
2. Nate Myles
3. Mason
4. Lopini Paea
5. Rohan Ahern
6. Braith Anasta - Potentially at Lock
7. Mitch Aubusson - Again at Lock
8. Anthony Cherrington
9. Martin Kennedy
10. Sa
11. Stanley Waqa - i thought he was great in 2009
12. Tom Symonds
13. Nick Koupartis

My Starting 17 - Round 1

1. Minichello
2. Perrett
3. Mitch Aubusson
4. Phil Graham
5. Shaun Kenny Dowall
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Myles
9. Jake Friend
10. FPN
11. Mason
12. Anthony Cherrington
13. Braith Anasta

14. Tom Symonds
15. James Aubusson
16. Lopini Paea
17. Ben Jones

Overall i think we have alot of depth this year but alot of players need to step up big time, confidence is a wonderful thing hopefully we can start the season well and build from there....

Please add if ive missed players

D

Deleted member 10972

This is as it stands now, until any further confirmation as to whether we sign Ryles or Tuqiri, whethe Setaimata Sa will be kept, and regarding the contract situations of the players I am not sure of.

NRL team:

1. Anthony Minichiello (2010)
2. Sam Perrett (2012)
3. Mitchell Aubusson (2011)
4. Phil Graham (2011 - signed from Raiders)
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (2011)
6. Todd Carney (2013 - signed from Raiders via Atherton)
7. Mitchell Pearce (2013)
8. Nate Myles (2012)
9. Jake Friend (2012)
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (2012 - signed from Manly)
11. Willie Mason (2010)
12. Daniel Conn (2011 - signed from Titans)
13. Braith Anasta (2011)

14. Ben Jones (2012)
15. Tom Symonds (2011)
16. Lopini Paea (2010)
17. FP Nuuausala (2011)

Newtown Jets:

2. Steve Naughton (2011 - signed from Raiders NYC)
3. Kane Linnett (???? - signed from Dragons NYC)
5. Sisa Waqa (2010)
6. Nick Kouparitsas (2010)
8. Martin Kennedy (2010)
9. James Aubusson (2010)
10. Stanley Waqa (2010)
11. Anthony Cherrington (2012)
12. Aiden Guerra (2011 - signed from Central Coast NSW Cup)
13. Jason Baiteri (???? - signed from Eels NYC)

15. Brad Takairangi (???? - signed from Rabbitohs NYC)
16. Mose Masoe (2010)

Ryan Williamson, JP Du Plessis and Boyd Cordner will be part of the first-grade squad, however they will play in the NYC team.

Unsure for next year: Smith Samau, Riley Brown, Iwi Hauraki, Ray Moujalli, Matthew Hall, Khalid Deeb, Tu'u Maori, Jimmy Andersen, Liam Foran, Sonny Tuigamala, Luke Towers, Sandor Earl, Dylan Sharp, Ben Murray, Valeni Tia Tia, Mark Talanoa, Ray Tafokitau

I would like to keep a few of those unsure players. Maori was decent in the WC, went missing this year, anyone know why?

aelek

Juniors
mini
S naughton
T symonds
P graham
S perrett
T Carney
M pearce
J Aubusson
B Anasta
JWH