What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters coach

By no means is he any chance of coming to the dragons but how many of you guys consider him to be a top coach just from my opinion I don’t think his up there with Bennett and Bellamy(plays to the rules..)

Last edited:

latemail

Juniors
x2 Premierships
x4 Minor Premierships
x5 Prelim Finals
x6 top 2 finishes

in just shy of 7 full seasons.

Clearly, he's no Mary; but he goes alright.
I could coach them and have that record when you have a salary sombrero not a cap
Get him over to the Gold Coast and see how he goes
Champion horses make champion trainers the same applies in the coaching arena

If only we can a clone of Robinson and get the clone to coach Saints. He is the best there is out there. Better than the cheating Bellamy and will easily surpass him in winning more comps.

I disagree. Trent is miles behind Bellamy and Bennett but has the best roster and front office in the business.

Robbo would never get the same results as Bellamy from an identical Melbourne team. Just look at them, lose Cronk and Slater and still go gang busters.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It helps when you have teddy ,cronk ,keary,Mitchell, cordner, jwh, friend Crichton B moz ,hall ,manu.
Is it a level playing field?
Bellamy and Bennett had immortals (Bellamy had 3 in the 1 era when he won his comps), Of the ones you mention for Robbo only Teddy is potential for an Immortal status. THey had a great roster as well don't you worry. Bellamy has won it with grubby tactics as well and ruined the game to make it slower and more wrestle. Robbo and Benny did none of that to win comps.

SBD82

Coach
He is in the top echelon of coaches, without a doubt. He takes players to another level.

Tedesco and Keary are both playing much better football now than when they joined. Bmoz as well.

He also transitions juniors into the side wonderfully.

He had Drew Hutchinson playing halfback on the weekend, and he played as though he’d always been there.

He played a rookie 9 too. No problem.

As @Tommy Smith said. His record speaks for itself.

Have a look through their roster, and see how many players have exclusively played for the Roosters. It shits on ours and other clubs. Then he recruits well to fill the right gaps. His systems work and the players buy in.

Honestly, what more do you want from him?

Meapro Ham

Juniors
In all fairness does he not have the best roster that’s more likely 1+ mil over the cap at least ?

Perhaps it’s good coaching that makes those players better and creates the illusion that they’re spending more than other clubs. And when they pay top dollar they get someone that’s worth it like Tedesco rather than Ben Hunt.

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
By no means is he any chance of coming to the dragons but how many of you guys consider him to be a top coach just from my opinion I don’t think his up there with Bennett and Bellamy(plays to the rules..)
Sorry I look at him the same way as I look at the Manchester City coach in the Premier League , an ego manager. If the coach of Manchester United or Liverpool were told to coach Huddersfield for a year and improved that club’s results then I’d say there goes a great coach. Equally if Bellamy or the Roosters coach could turn the Titans around then I say there goes a great coach. But I doubt if Bellamy or Robinson or Bennett for that matter, will be putting their hands up to coach at the Titans too quickly, A good coach can only work with the cattle he has got. Some do it better than others....No Mary not you....that’s why I always thought David Waite was such a wonderful coach for us. He took an average side to the grand final and semis. He had our team play collectively better then they were as individuals. He made them a team that gave everything and he didn’t have much to work with. The present Roosters coach has everything he needs to succeed. Money, sponsors, tpas, an elastic salary cap and a team full of rep players. Is he the best coach? Maybe but I’d rather a coach like David Waite.

blacksafake

First Grade
I would think he’d be under more pressure than most because of the roster & management who demands success.
As mentioned by Brutalitops, when he speaks you know he knows what he’s talking about.

Bellamy and Bennett had immortals (Bellamy had 3 in the 1 era when he won his comps), Of the ones you mention for Robbo only Teddy is potential for an Immortal status. THey had a great roster as well don't you worry. Bellamy has won it with grubby tactics as well and ruined the game to make it slower and more wrestle. Robbo and Benny did none of that to win comps.
Robinson is a high tier coach, and anyone who is on the fence I recommend you listen to him explain the game plan for the grand final last year. It was absolutely genius and you can tell the way he explained it that he knows his stuff

Oh haven’t heard it might have to have a listen