What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters dump Newtown Jets

Brutus

Referee
Lets hope Souths dump Norths and go with the mighty Bluebags.

You know it makes sense.

Roosters have gone with Wyong as their feeder/NSW Cup team.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
its their prerogative to do as they please with their feeder system
they dont owe Newtown anything and they aren't obliged to continue the assosiation if they think another option is best for their footy club

what's the problem?

Noname36

First Grade
what's the problem?

They've flicked a proud foundation club that's fighting it's arse off to keep a bit of recognition...with little warning it seems based on the comments from Newtown. The Jets had the opportunity to link up with Melbourne but they didn't assuming they had a good thing going with the Roosters.

Yes the Roosters can do whatever they want, but still it's hard to stomach as a rugby league fan.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
original

Kiwi

First Grade
seems very all your eggs in one basket, hopefully the Storm will jump at the chance opened up.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I was hoping the Roosters would link with Wyong. They have been bitching about having no juniors for a while, so the central coast region is perfect; this NSW Cup move will probably work to develop support in the region...

(if they are looking to do this, it would be a good move for the Roosters to take a few games to Gosford. Knights, Manly, games that draw poorly in Sydney but would resonate in the CC)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its a shame about the Jets though...

I had always hoped the Roosters & Jets would officially marry (Dragons/Steelers style) and bring back the old BlueBags jersey as the away strip. Easts wouldnt lose much power (if any at all) but they would broaden their appear and connect with a larger base. (Everyone has a soft spot for Newtown)

Im sure another team would jump at this, hopefully the Storm. Jets wont be gone for long...

Last edited:

greg

Juniors
Very disappointing. Even though I see some logic from the decision it sounds like there was bugger all consultation. I thought this relationship would go very long term. What made it extra special was the fact they were both foundation clubs and that comment from Mitch AUBUSSON summed up that special relationship. The Broncos use a few clubs in Qld Cup, hopefully someone else will see the benefit of getting the old bluebags on board also.

Big Sam

First Grade
Lets hope Souths dump Norths and go with the mighty Bluebags.

You know it makes sense.

It does but the Norths partnership has been very fruitful too (until this year). Would be poor of us to dump them.

As for the rorters, they're just being true to form.

macnaz

Staff member
What a shit club , buy a comp and now steal other areas juniors .. and also wanting to build a club in the Cambletown area.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What a shit club , buy a comp and now steal other areas juniors .. and also wanting to build a club in the Cambletown area.

I think this is the first time ive ever heard someone complain that the Roosters are doing TO MUCH in junior development...
:crazy::crazy::crazy: