What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters name & logo

lturner

Juniors
Should we go back to being called Eastern Suburbs and bring back one of the old logos?

I reckon we should. I replied to Noyce when he wrote that letter last month to suggest this.

What do you think?

adamkungl

Immortal
Yes. Eastern Suburbs, using the 100 Year Logo (obviously minus the "100 Years" part, but the rest of the design was fantastic)

Goddo

Bench
Sorry to jump in your thread but yes. Maybe keep the "Sydney" tag as its near enough to Easts, but the logo has to go.

Maybe a stylised version of your old one is needed. My apologies to Tottenham, but it gives you the idea of what I recon you should use.

2010 Sydney Roosters.jpg

You could put whatever words you want in the ball, possibly "Easts to Win" and keep the name "Sydney". I think you should bang on about the 1908 thing too. Best asset your club has. , You could have a line drawing of the bridge or a boat or the opera house behind the chook too, would look good on a shield.

Retro is cool, cartoons are sh*t.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Yes. Eastern Suburbs, using the 100 Year Logo (obviously minus the "100 Years" part, but the rest of the design was fantastic)

100% agree. Roosters are synonymous with Bondi Maroubra etc (ie Eastern Suburbs) so why the heck not!?
Plus it was a tops logom, going back/to the 100 years logo would be a great move akin to the Bulldogs going back to their traditional styled logo as well as the Canterbury Bankstown moniker.

The one in Adamkungl's avatar is what is should be. The Rooster that they designed when the changed to Sydney looks stupid. It's head is in the shape of the Opera house for christs sake.
On a side note, all the traditional teams should go back to the great logos and names.

henrieté

Juniors
Most of us think of the team as the Eastern Suburbs 'Easts' or 'The Roosters' rather than the Sydney Roosters. Easts to Win!

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
myrooster.jpg

(dodgy MSPaint mock up)

replace "SYDNEY ROOSTERS"
with "EASTERN SUBURBS"
(it doesn't need to say Roosters in our logo, I think the giant Rooster pretty much gives the general idea...)

and "1908-2008"
with just "1908"

and you have the best logo EVER.

lturner

Juniors
myrooster.jpg

(dodgy MSPaint mock up)

replace "SYDNEY ROOSTERS"
with "EASTERN SUBURBS"
(it doesn't need to say Roosters in our logo, I think the giant Rooster pretty much gives the general idea...)

and "1908-2008"
with just "1908"

and you have the best logo EVER.

Yeah that's pretty cool Adam. Although personally I like the shape of the shield with a flat top and sides like dragons or the old roosters one, slightly more, but yours definitely looks good.

Also, has anyone else written or emailed the club about the name and logo? It was actually a bit disappointing that on the Tele blog the other day there were heaps of Bulldogs supporters all saying they wanted the name change, but hardly any Roosters fans.

I'd like to put it down to the possibility that Roosters supporters are not regular tele readers. ;-) I know I didn't see it until afterwards.

JT_

Juniors
Yea Tele is more of a Westie newspaper, i know because i live out here. I assume that SMH dominates in the Eastern Suburbs.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don';t mind the current logo, but the one Adam did looks pretty good too.

The Red, White and Blue V i the background - Sydney Roosters name and 1908 at the bottom should all be retained though.

I don't have any problems with the Roosters marketing themselves as a club that has outgrown just the Eastern Suburbs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love for them to be called Eastern Suburbs again and to sport the tri-colours strip.

I would too.
After this year I'd have one condition.
Like Canterbury, I'd like to have a year of re-birth, no dramas off the field and good form on it. If we went back to a club like this, I'd be happy to go back to Easts.

if they play like they did in 2009 and dont get rid of the non trying players who are supposedly involved in some suspect off field enterprises and activities they should be renamed East Siberia as this is where they should all be sent.

Smithtown

Coach
Good luck to Easts if they can re-invent themselves as what they once were.

One thing though - the word Suburbs may not pass muster in the modern world. Too many conotations of the humdrum.

Either Eastern Sydney Roosters or East Sydney Roosters would be good solutions. A bit each way, best of both worlds scenario.

Latest posts