What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters vs Warriors -North Sydney Oval

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Roosters will be playing the Warriors at North Sydney Oval July 4th.

ROOSTERS ROUND 16 HOME GAME RELOCATED TO NORTH SYDNEY OVAL

Following a scheduling conflict at the Sydney Cricket Ground, the Sydney Roosters have today announced that the Club’s Round 16 match has been relocated to North Sydney Oval.

The Roosters will play the New Zealand Warriors in the Round 16 fixture on Saturday, July 4 with the match scheduled to kick off at 5.35pm.

This is the only NRL fixture to be played in Sydney on the day, and will provide an exciting opportunity for NRL fans to return to the historic North Sydney Oval.

All Sydney Roosters Ticketed Members will receive access to North Sydney Oval for this game.

“We are pleased that we could relocate to North Sydney Oval, a ground that is not only steeped in rugby league history, but importantly for our Members, a ground that is easily accessible whilst enabling the utilisation of their Membership benefits,” said Roosters CEO Joe Kelly.

In addition to the NRL fixture, the Bears will play the curtain raiser against the Warriors, with discussions also in progress for the Bears to play the Central Coast Roosters in the Harvey Norman Women’s Premiership.

Sydney Roosters Members will receive further information about utilising their Membership for the Round 16 fixture via email.

I think it is a good move. At the very least, we will get an opportunity to watch more than one game on NRL game day! I miss the good old days when we had three games. Heck, I even miss the (more recent) days of two games. It will be a nice change, as well as the fact that our Roosters supporters will be closer to the action. The only thing I won't be overly looking forward to is sitting on those rock hard wooden bench seats!