What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross Smart

Yeah,

Word around the traps is we are going to Outsource all our Media commitments and hence don't need a Media Manager.

I think we are now the first club in the NRL to be without a Media Manager.

bartman

Immortal
Wow...

Wasn't he the main one responsible for the club's improved communication to fans, both prior to the elections and afterwards?

By all reports he seemed very responsive to fan concerns and issues, and very progressive in terms of improving the previously poor/strained communications efforts.

Blah blah cut the new guys some slack etc, but it's seeming to me like our club mustn't be too good a place for anyone to work at the moment, judging by the last six months of turnovers. Wonder what morale is like?

strider

Post Whore
hmmmm .... seems a bit unfortunate - it seemed like he was doing a good job

hope none of the "let the communication flow" attitude of the new board will be lost due to not having a dedicated body to do it ..... hate to be pesimistic, but I am rarely a fan of "out sourcing" - from my experience the out-sourcing people/company usually have their own interests to look after and the place that hires them comes 2nd

fish eel

Immortal
Yeah,

Word around the traps is we are going to Outsource all our Media commitments and hence don't need a Media Manager.

I think we are now the first club in the NRL to be without a Media Manager.

If we are going to outsource - that simply doesnt work and can be more expensive.

Basically we'd be paying someone potentially more than 5 figures a month to do work for us in between other clients.

And yeah, Ross did a great job.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well, there may be some talk about outsourcing.... then there may be some other talk as well. Disappointed to see Ross go actually. Was a great help over the past.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he was actually retrenched on Friday...

it may well be initially outsourced but it wouldn't surpirse me if there's another twist to this.

fish eel

Immortal
he was actually retrenched on Friday...

it may well be initially outsourced but it wouldn't surpirse me if there's another twist to this.

Well, I know of one new board member who talks on a regular basis to a bloke who has connections with a pretty influential Communications firm that's done work with sporting bodies before and lists them as clients on their webpage.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Yea very disapointing. Rossco was the best Media Manager we'd had in a long long time and i can't imagine anyone - outsourced or other - doing a better job then him

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well, I know of one new board member who talks on a regular basis to a bloke who has connections with a pretty influential Communications firm that's done work with sporting bodies before and lists them as clients on their webpage.

you're good fishy...real good. :cool:

Suitman

Post Whore
Obviously, efficiency is the order of the day under the new regime.
I will want to see a turnaround in our financial statements at some stage after all these redundancies.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
Obviously, efficiency is the order of the day under the new regime.
I will want to see a turnaround in our financial statements at some stage after all these redundancies.

Suity
there already was prior to the election if you recall. The first 3 months of this year were in the black.

Latest posts