What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross update

Stonecutter

First Grade
Just heard on FSN that Ross has to have further surgery before even contemplating a comeback. I hope he can get back onto the field, but i must say we made the right decision to let him go.

Ausguy

Coach
thats odd, why would souths sign him with that hanging over him. That would be in his contract.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think it's safe to say he won't be back, shame for him really... He never really hit a purple patch for longer than a few weeks with us.

Sucked in Souths.

Quigs

Immortal
Serious neck injuries, neck operations, first grade rugby league, bash barge front row forwards are not a compatable mix in my books. Especially when the time span from receiving the near crippling injury to believing you can make it back onto the paddock and at the elite level is way too short for me.

If it was a couple of seasons away from the game then maybe....... but.

I liked Ross. I wish him well and all the best.

But gee I am as worried as all sh!t about him and a comeback so early, and I am also worried about the blokes that tackle him should anything serious arise in the future, which I add, I hope nothing does.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

browder

Juniors
Spoke to Ben on Facebook this morning - he's fine. He said:

"Na im actually having some work done so i can start contact in December insteead of late Jan!"

He asked me to post so that everyone's minds are at rest.

Cheers,
MacRossco

Ausguy

Coach
South signed some sh*t hot pommy prop the other day.

Sam Burgess..... he will be the flop of the year.

"Na im actually having some work done so i can start contact in December insteead of late Jan!"

Cheers,
MacRossco

Hi Ben :nwave:

2 posts in 5 years. Slow down!!!!!!

Stonecutter

First Grade

Cheers,
MacRossco

Thats good to hear. Pretty sure FSN said he was more surgery before he can even think of a comeback. So it makes sense.

Quigs

Immortal
We do, but we need some of the cap cash to make up for other football club expenses.

The first step the club should take to save expenses would be to sack the farkwit that designs our club jerseys. I don't know how munch we fork out for his/hers/its services, but the idiot is getting paid overs and overs.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Ross signed for Souths for $49,000 he is on less than some NYC players. If he doesnt recover they wont lose sleep.

Rabbitohs Front Rowers

Roy Asotasi
Luke Stuart
Dave Taylor
Sam Burgess
Scott Geddes
Kane Cleal
Garrett Crossman

Even if fit he will be playing for the Bears to prove himself and break into the team

Last edited:

El Coconuto

Bench
Random Souths note...

I did an interview with David Peachey yesterday for a piece that I am working on and he told of an experience where Russell Crowe came into the locker room with a South Sydney History Book before the Souths vs Sharks game and said "Playing the Sharks tonight. We've been playing against them since 1967" and asked all the ex-Sharks players there to stand up. Peach, Vagana, Bestie etc all stood up. Apparently, Crowe blew the dust off the book, slammed it closed, and said to them "You play for us now. Whatever history you have with them is now void. Bust their asses!"

Let's hope Rossy doesn't go wild against us in Round 3. If he's still capable, of course...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ross signed for Souths for $49,000 he is on less than some NYC players. If he doesnt recover they wont lose sleep.

Rabbitohs Front Rowers

Roy Asotasi
Luke Stuart
Dave Taylor
Sam Burgess
Scott Geddes
Kane Cleal
Garrett Crossman

Even if fit he will be playing for the Bears to prove himself and break into the team

Why are they ripping him off a grand?

The minimum wage is $50,000 for a player in the top 25 but not the first 17. $55k for a first 17 player

Source: http://www.myfooty.com.au/content.asp?page_id=62

Inferno

Coach
DOCTORS said he was a millimetre from becoming a quadriplegic, but Ben Ross makes his amazing return to rugby league today. Ross will be at Souths training this afternoon, where he will complete non-contact work under new coach John Lang. He will have minor surgery to have calcification removed from his neck next week before making a full return to training in a fortnight.
Ross suffered a neck injury while playing for Cronulla last season. At the time, Dr Richard Parkinson said: "He was a whisker away from being a quadriplegic.''
Dr Parkinson described the piece of disc that had been pushing against the Sharks star's spinal cord as a "monster fragment'' and "one of the biggest I've ever seen''.
Ross also required a bony fusion between two of his neck vertebrae to ensure the stability of his neck. Souths recruit Dave Taylor will also be at Souths training today to start a new phase in his career.

Link

Eion

First Grade
I don't get why we couldn't retain ross at $50K if he's moved on for that or similar. We paid overs for years and now that he represents good value we don't want a bar of it?

Latest posts