What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross v clinton

chili pepper

Bench
Kilkenny said:
Sharks at home will give them a slight advantage and I sure they will start favourites.

This one could go either way and the forward battle will probably decide the outcome.

I am not particularly confident although I would suspect neither are the Sharks fans.

If thats the case we are morals

Macca

Coach
What about Stapo, first up against his old club?

I hope he and Ross belt the f**k through Clinton.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm happy to sit back and watch this one without a comment, I actually think it may take a few games for penrith to get it together this season. That's assuming they are actually going to get it together.

fizman

Bench
I think some are really underestimating the Panthers. Its a toss of the cin for me. Any team can beat any team on any given day.

Dave Q

Coach
Stapo would squealing like a pig if big Clinton so much as looks at him sideways!

Upon Elliot's arrival, Clinton was one of the first Panther players to be pulled aside and read the riot act about his game. He'll be up for a big game.

But he will see the cheeky face of Ross and be wholly unable to resist the opportunity of giving him a half decent smack thereto as a 'chaser' for last years season-ending injury.

Thommo will come running in only to be intercepted by a very angry and angst ridden Pritchard (who has a lot of frustration at the moment) who probably wont be able to feel the numerous successive blows to the head that Thommo shall deliver unto him without mercy. Prtichard will be swinging at air!

Make no mistake, Clinton is a big ferocious wild man and he wont be intimidtaed by the likes of Rossy or Stapo.

This game is set to exlode.

Burrrp. Its your shout isnt it?

Thomo.

First Grade
The pennies are one for the title again. New coach - bringing it all back to 2003 - watch out they will be dark horses - along with the warriors:)

Kilkenny

Coach
chili pepper said:
If thats the case we are morals

Clinton is a terrific wholehearted footballer and the same can be said about Ross and Stapleton.

Stapleton was arguably the best and most consistent forward for the Panthers last season and for a lousy 100K per season will be the buy of the season for you guys.

I'm glad your confident. I'm glad your are so convinced you'll win the forward battle.

This game is an even money bet and the two points will be critical for both sides, even allowing for the fact it is only round 1.

sladden road

Juniors
and football is a game of two halves...and footy will be the winner on the night..

much credit to the opposition....they made us earn it...

Go Nulla

Bench
I think that the Penny's will struggle in attack this year without Preston's unpredictability.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm another who thinks people are underestimating the Panthers. For a start Elliott is a shrewd operator. How many years in a row were the Raiders picked to be spooners or thereabouts only to consistently make the 8.

He has a better class of player overall at the Panthers. The Panthers always do well after a coaching change and freshen up. As long as they have cut the rust in the joint and are more "together" they will be pushing the barrow for the semi's again.

It's going to be a good game I think in Round 1.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ross start off the bench actually.

Dave Q

Coach
They are a bit of a mystery.

Campbell was a brilliant attacker but he was so suspect in defence, their defensive plan was partially built around covering his shortfall.

Because of this, some at the club saw his exit as somewhat liberating.

Other losses from their 2006 squad include accomplished first graders : Galea, Hookey, Howland, Stapo and Swain.

They didnt have too bad season last year, a couple of games off the semi's incorporating embarassing losses to the Roosters and the Rabbitohs in the twylight of the season.

Shrewd observers put this down to a slowdown of the pack ( as opposed to the loss of stars) casued by general fatigue. Others blamed the loss of Satts, Girdler and Lang.
Some turn to the relative quiet end of season display by stars such as Wesser and Pritchard.

Of course they have lost a parade of stars over the last few years: Franze, Ross, Roberts, Crossman,

Elliot worked them hard over the off season to improve their fitness and resiliance and they have reputedly lost a massive 20-30% of their pack weight.

The core of there awesome pack: Waterhouse, Clinton, Puletua's and the richly talented Luke Priddis (whom they almost failed to sign).

They didnt do much in the player market, but they did OK, snatching Firman and Pee Wee.

They have a river of young talent, Jennings, Wallace, Aiton, Daniella et al. Players of the future.

And then there is Gowie.

Here is the best half-back in the league. Able to pass a ball within a inches of any player in the line, skilled kicker, gap-finder, can read a game better than Lockyer, good defender. Best of all, he knows how to run at a line and create confusion and doubt in defence.

He had an operation in the off-season, he is right and primed.

I worry about the inexperience in their backline and for that reason place them 10th.

But they will give the sharks a run and Clinton will be leading the way.

griffo346

First Grade
Go Nulla said:
I think that the Penny's will struggle in attack this year without Preston's unpredictability.

Nulla should i remind you of one half that you have that struggles year in and year out

guess not his name is Brett Kimmorley hes a joke :lol:

tlk

Bench
who let the jolly fat man in to the sharks forum????
mmmm?
griffo champ
ur time is up
bye bye

tlk

Bench
big 4wards clash but i think we got the goods to win it
look to blokes like greg bird n tommo

tlk

Bench
hahhahahaha
grif i jus saw your AFL sig
well i guess that jus sums u up aye

Go Nulla

Bench
griffo346 said:
Nulla should i remind you of one half that you have that struggles year in and year out

guess not his name is Brett Kimmorley hes a joke :lol:

Mate I won't argue with you .. he is a f**king joke. I was just making the comment about Preston because he could sniff out a break at the drop of a hat.

griffo346

First Grade
the legend killer said:
hahhahahaha
grif i jus saw your AFL sig
well i guess that jus sums u up aye

mate im a panther fan since 1990 when i was 9

i addopted the crows coz i live here so go play with urself

griffo346

First Grade
Go Nulla said:
Mate I won't argue with you .. he is a f**king joke. I was just making the comment about Preston because he could sniff out a break at the drop of a hat.

mate i agree with u presto was a star he will be with the titans now they will love him there as our teams have previsously, however to say panthers will struggle with the the halfs could be true but we will have to see who elliott has at 6 (wallace or firman) gower 7 and priddis 9 we have some good halves there

however you guys have kimmorley dykes and thats it and they havent really put it together if they do it will good to watch (as i liked watching kimmorley back when he was with hill) they where awsome esspecially when they routed the broncos together