What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roster for 2013 - Gains and Losses

hitman82

Bench
Current Roster for 2013:
Glen Fisiiahi 2015
Nathan Friend 2013
Pita Godinet 2013
Ben Henry 2015
Konrad Hurrell 2015 (yus)
Shaun Johnson 2014
Jacob Lillyman 2014
Kevin Locke 2013
Sam Lousi 2013
Sione Lousi 2013
Simon Mannering 2015
Alehana Mara 2013
Feleti Mateo 2013
Ben Matulino 2015
John Palavi 2014
Sam Rapira 2014
Jerome Ropati 2013
Elijah Taylor 2013
Bill Tupou 2014
Manu Vatuvei 2013
Steve Rapira 2013
Russell Packer 2014
Dane Nielsen 2015
Thomas Leuluai 2015

Gains for 2013:
Dane Nielsen 2015
Thomas Leuluai 2015
Todd Lowrie 2014

Losses:
Lewis Brown Panthers
Ukuma Ta’ai
Micheal Luck Retirement
James Maloney Roosters
Krisnan Inu Bulldogs
Ligi Sao Manly
Peta Hiku Manly
Omar Slaimankhel. Japan rugby

Off Contract: (as far as I know)
Ivan Penehe
Dylan Collier
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Carlos Tuimavave

Rumoured Losses:
Omar Slaimankhel

Rumoured Gains:
tba...

U20s Likely Upgrades to FT contract:
Siliva Havili

U20s Likely Upgrades to Vulcans:
Atu Tupou
Nathaniel Peteru
Siulongua Fotofili
Jethro Friend
Toka Likiliki
Jordan Meads

Last edited by a moderator:

Juju

Juniors
The Kris Keating rumor is getting stronger -why the club would be interested I have no idea.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Kris Keating wtf?

Would be very surprised if Rusty, Taylor or Benry would be off contract at this stage.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Kris Keating rumor is getting stronger -why the club would be interested I have no idea.

Oh my god do not let this happen.

If Steve Rapira is off contract, I expect a massive game from him tonight. I'd say of the rest, Collier will go and Penehe has a chance of sticking around as Bluey has tickets on him. The rest should all be retained.

Nice thread by the way, appreciated.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Current Roster Signed for 2013:

Glen Fisiiahi
Nathan Friend
Pita Godinet
Ben Henry
Konrad Hurrell
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Shaun Johnson
Jacob Lillyman
Kevin Locke
Sam Lousi
Sione Lousi
Simon Mannering
Alehana Mara
Feleti Mateo
Ben Matulino
Russell Packer
John Palavi
Ivan Penehe
Sam Rapira
Steve Rapira
Jerome Ropati
Omar Slaimankhel
Elijah Taylor
Carlos Tuimavave
Bill Tupou
Manu Vatuvei

New Signings for 2013:

Dane Nielsen
Thomas Leuluai

Losses:

Lewis Brown
Ukuma Ta’ai
Micheal Luck

James Maloney
Krisnan Inu

Off Contract: (as far as I know)

Russell Packer
Ivan Penehe
Steve Rapira
Elijah Taylor
Dylan Collier
Ben Henry
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Omar Slaimankhel
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Carlos Tuimavave

Rumoured Losses:

Omar Slaimankhel

Rumoured Gains: (Based on media comments; until proven otherwise)

Kris Keating

U20s Likely Upgrades to FT contract:

Siliva Havili
Ligi Sao
Omar Slaimankhel

U20s Likely Upgrades to Vulcans:

Atu Tupou
Nathaniel Peteru
Siulongua Fotofili
Jethro Friend
Toka Likiliki
Peta Hiku
Jordan Meads

If you spot any contract or signing related news articles, please post them here and I will update the original post.

Cheers!

Where are those in bold going?

Izz

Bench
Ta'ai's been officially not offered a contract. No news yet on where he'll end up, though apparently there are NRL clubs interested. My money's on ESL, or European rugby.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7116015/Warriors-Ben-Henry-gets-extended-contract
Ben Henry's contract extended until the end of 2015
Rising Warriors star Ben Henry has been rewarded for a composed start to his first-grade career with an upgraded and extended contract.

Sunday News understands 20-year-old Henry, who made his debut in round one this year, and has played every game since, put pen to paper on Thursday.

The former under-20s captain was initially off contract at the end of next year, although the Warriors did have an option to re-sign him for an additional season.

But after a fantastic start to a year in which he has played out of position in the centres, a decision was made to upgrade his contract and he will now call Mt Smart Stadium home until at least the end of 2015.

As was the case with his original contract, the Warriors once again boast an option in their favour for 2016.

Henry confirmed the news of his re-signing this week and said the club's desire to lock him in for the long-term was a serious confidence boost.

"Shucks, I just feel blessed, man. I'm just really humbled by what the club's doing for me," Henry said.

"I feel so blessed and humbled by the opportunity to play here, hopefully for three more years or so.

"It's also really exciting for my footy career."

While Henry hasn't played in the centres since his "junior days at Glenora", the decision by incoming Warriors coach Brian McClennan to start him there this year has worked wonders.

The back-rower has flourished alongside winger Manu Vatuvei on the left edge of the field and admitted yesterday he'd expected to start the year playing park footy for the Auckland Vulcans rather than in the first-grade side.

"It gives me a lot of confidence that this club trusts me and is working hard to keep me here," Henry said.

"I think I need to stick to what I do best. I need to keep turning up every week and the 12 other boys who are with me on the field, they are doing the same thing.

"I'm surprised by a lot of things. I'm surprised I've played this many games this year and I'm also surprised that the club has upgraded my contract.

"I'm just so thankful to this club and the coaching staff.

"It's going to be great playing here with the boys I played with at under-20s level who have progressed to the first-grade team.

"It's a good club and I'd like to stay here long-term."

Henry's agent Stan Martin negotiated the new deal and said he approached the Warriors about an upgrade after Henry "exceeded everyone's expectations" this year.

"I personally felt that he had exceeded expectations this year and, because I knew the level of his current contract, I felt he was deserving of an upgrade," Martin said.
"He exceeded everything anyone had thought about and I felt that because of that, he needed to go on to a different contract.

"Sure enough, the Warriors agreed with me and came up with a three-year deal, or, if you include the option, a four-year deal."

Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah refused to comment on Henry's new deal yesterday.
IS there a nicer human ALIVE????

Rich102

Staff member
Why would Scurrah refuse to comment? Surely he could say "The kid's done well and we want him to stick around". Isn't hard and gives Henry a boost.

Last edited:

One Warrior

Bench
Out of interest, what happened to the thread I originally started which had all the signings news in it etc, including when players were signed until.

Rich102

Staff member
Out of interest, what happened to the thread I originally started which had all the signings news in it etc, including when players were signed until.

Sorry, it was a bit out of date so I unstuck it and replaced it with this. It will be in the archive under the original date.

Rich102

Staff member
We could probably benefit from a post telling us when players are contracted to. Do you feel like updating your list and adding it to this thread or even starting a new thread One Warrior?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
And good onya Stan. Well done mate

yeah welcome to the 21st century...starting to see stan martin giving quotes and pushing stories on his players lol.
he used to half nearly every good young player on his books.

That was back in the days when Auckland rugby league had their own player agency
and used to sign up players who made rep teams.