What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rothery re-signs

skeepe

Immortal
From the Canberra Times:

The Canberra Raiders will announce today the re-signing of second-rower Alan Rothery on a two-year deal.

But fellow Raider Kris Kahler yesterday joined new NRL club Gold Coast for the next two years.

Raiders chief executive Simon Hawkins said incoming coach Neil Henry was "excited" about re-signing the 23-year-old Rothery. Hawkins said the Raiders gave Kahler, 23, permission to talk to the Gold Coast Titans.

"It got to a situation where if they offered him a contract we'd release him, and we've done that," he said.

Second-rower Kahler played 8 games this year and 34 in total since joining the Raiders from Brisbane in 2003.

edabomb

First Grade
I rated Rothery on first impressions, I loved the way he kept pumping his legs after he hit the line. He has had the best part of 3 seasons to secure a spot now though, and hasn't come close. I guess injuries are a main reason. Oh well, 2yrs isn't too bad for his talent.

Macko8

Juniors
Honestly i wasnt fussed if he went or he stayed because i believe we have a sh*t load of depth already in the forwards.
Was probably only signed like jones, for depth and injuries and suspensions to our key forwards.
Good depth signing though.

viking

Juniors
i think rothery is a handy player as well,but this resigning just adds to our already amazing depth in the forwards next season

Rothers will be great for us IMO. he reminds me of david Furner. Pumps the legs hard, good mobility, and is a very decent goal kicker from what I have seen.

Just needs a bit more experience and upper body strength IMO

Mal Meninga

Bench
He's taken a while to come good but if his defense/discipline and ball handling improves he could be an awesome player next year. On his debut, he looked like he would be a top first grader but for one reason or another, that hasn't materialised.