What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rothfields Blog

I had to share this post:

As odd as it may seem, Hayne being the only Eel selected is about right. Hindmarsh should be an automatic selection, but for some unknown reason the selectors have turned off him. The Roos already have an abundance of wingers and centres, and Mortimer is probably a few years off taking the next step. One guy who should get a mention is Todd Lowrie. Even if he never played a game, the tour would do him good and perhaps allow him to have a shot at Origin next year for the Blues (we need all the help we can get)

Grant of Penrith (Reply)
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...comments/test_selectors_cant_ignore_eels/P20/

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Surely Robson has eclipsed Thurston as Australia's premier halfback in the eyes of any fair-minded selectors!

84 Baby

Referee
Surely Grothe, Burt, Reddy, Tahu, Uaisele, Jonathon Wright, Sio, Shackleton, Paul McGregor, Steve Roach, Neville Glover or the little Asian guy that wins all the hot dog eating contests surpass David Williams for a spot in the NSW side

Wholeheartedly agree - some others apart from Hayne should get a chance.
Just as a couple of suggestions I think Rod Reddy has been outstanding and how could they go past Fuifui (if he’s eligible?)
Also, they could do far worse than letting Hindy have another crack at it.

EelsRule of Clemton Park (Reply)
Wed 30 Sep 09 (09:22am)

Rod Reddy for the Kangaroo's - now there's a bolter!

Tollett

Juniors
Has anyone got details on Rothfield's best Eels team of all time? Read in paper today that he was going to blog it.

1 Ken Thornett
2 Eric Grothe snr
3 Mick Cronin
4 Steve Ella
5 Jarryd Hayne
6 Brett Kenny
7 Peter Sterling
8 Nathan Cayless

9 Steve Edge
10 Bob O’Reilly
11 Nathan Hindmarsh

12 Dick Thornett
13 Ray Price
Reserves
14 FuiFui Moimoi
15 Peter Wynn
16 Brian Hambly
17 Luke Burt

hindy111

Post Whore
Lowrie has been very good of late-Shame he was so ordinary for the last 2.5 yrs-I dont get it.I can only put his form reversal down to Ando..To say he warrants an AUS jersey thou is going a little far isnt it - lol...Not sure he has been going that great : P

Snoochies

First Grade
How early is too early for State of Origin. I reckon Mortimer in 2011 will be the Blues long term 5/8 or halfback. But the way he's going, they would be looking at him for next years SOO.