What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2015 Team

lingard

Coach
We'll probably end up with greater attack at dummy half with both IDG and Peats in co-op, both can lead the defensive line speed and each are apt at a lazy marker scoot. I've come around to the benefits of having both guys in top flight in theory, hope it plays out that way.

I agree. I think we need both of them in the 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
At his age Peats IMO is potentially the best hooker of the lot based on his 2014 form prior to getting injured. He is tough-good in attack and has a Huge competetive desire about him.
Lets see how he returns from injury first thou. At this stage i wouldnt swap him for anyone.

Bigfella

Coach
Peats has a long way to go to get near Luke, farah and smith.

ams segaharo has proven himself for a lot longer in the top grade.

Peats has all the attributes but he hasn't really played a season of first grade yet.

The others have been at the top of the tree for a long time.

He has to be able to play a full season at the very least.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
This was the first year Segeyaro started a fair bit of the season and it wasn't until Kingston suffered injury did he get the starting 13 spot. Segeyaro has played roughly 13 more games than Peats but if Souths weren't salty about Peats leaving he would have finished the 2013 in first grade and if he didn't get injured last year he would have started the year in dummy half.

They're both roughly in the same position in terms of their career and Peats is nearly a year younger than James.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wouldn't swap Peats for any other hooker in the comp, considering what price we snared him for.

We won 60% of our games with Peats on the field, this percentage includes the Penrith game where he got injured so that number could be higher.

I thought he was brilliant last year. Just what we needed. But Keating was f**king awful so I expect that had some role to play in our rating of Peats. A bit like that dress last week that some people thought was blue and black and some thought was white and gold. It's all about the contrast.

And the dress was blue and black, anyone who says otherwise is just weird.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Looking at the draw, the first four weeks is very tough manly, dogs, souths, warriors then Tigers and Titans.

If somehow we can get one win from the first 4 games then beat tigers/Titans it won't to bad of a start to the year.

emjaycee

Coach
Looking at the draw, the first four weeks is very tough manly, dogs, souths, warriors then Tigers and Titans.

If somehow we can get one win from the first 4 games then beat tigers/Titans it won't to bad of a start to the year.

Bullshit.
1 from 4 will be at best a mediocre result.
We should be no less then 2 from 4 and potentially 3 from 4.

Chipmunk

Coach
So we trotted Morgan out for a press conference yesterday on the game this week.

Fair chance he will be picked for this week then

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Bullshit.
1 from 4 will be at best a mediocre result.
We should be no less then 2 from 4 and potentially 3 from 4.

Really, we play both of last years GF finalists plus warriors in NZ in our first 4 games, that is a horror draw. Yeah 1 from 4 wouldnt sound good but if we put up a decent showing it wouldnt be terrible. Especially if can beat tigers/Titans

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Early season we're as much chance of beating the good teams as the shit teams. To be honest we don't even know who the shit teams are yet.