What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2016 vs NQ Cowboys

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bit harsh on Gagan. Had a season ending injury. Will someone confirm the last date Barba was a genuine star. You have a point. Do you go for someone who is an injury risk or a fading star?

My belief is Barba has not played like a genuine star for around 50 games.

Is he a wing option over Gagan?

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/cronulla-sharks/ben-barba#.VtT8OPA8aK0

4 line breaks in 2015. Why is everybody so optimistic? 2012/2013 - 35 line breaks.

So a season ending injury gains you more forgiveness than 2 years of chronic injuries?

Barba hasn't been a genuine star for around 50 games. I agree. However, Gagan has never been a star. He gained an unwarranted high rating from fluffed up Sharks fans because he had a good debut. So typical of the mentality of the fluff train when it runs an agenda on who will be favourites. Gagan to me is marginally better than Paris, if at all. He's played 7 NRL games, will be a confidence cripple due to his bad run getting wounded. Not an NRL option for mine.

I would have Barba on the wing any day over Gagan to be frank. (Sorry Frank) He can catch, tackle, read the game, talk and would be uber dangerous against tired forwards roaming around.

I think you only push Gagan over Barba because Barba is to you Webbie, as TTG gnome, Paris and others have been to me. You just don't like him. I'm happy with that and respect your right to have anti faves. We all do LOL

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think this is a really harsh comparison.

As I've said earlier, every game he played for us was filling in for Carney outside Robson and was given no string of games to impress.. You put him with a fit Carney in place of Robson when we were winning, things would have been very different. How can you judge a bloke when he is put in only as a stopgap measure time and time again ?

I watch a lot of warriors games and that again is another unfair statement. He was warriors standout for the first half of the year and controlled that team well. Loses Johnson and warriors season falls apart.. Which is no surprise. Though before that happened Townsend outplayed SJ more often then not.

I hope you are right and i am wrong

webShark

I think you only push Gagan over Barba because Barba is to you Webbie, as TTG gnome, Paris and others have been to me. You just don't like him. I'm happy with that and respect your right to have anti faves. We all do LOL

Not far off the mark Frenz 😀.

Not a fan of Barbie but also in the group who didn't rate TTG or Paris.

I did concede he might be a wing option. In all honesty, more a fan of him than of A Fifita. So you can work out what I think of him.

Card Shark

Immortal
I watch a lot of warriors games and that again is another unfair statement. He was warriors standout for the first half of the year and controlled that team well. Loses Johnson and warriors season falls apart.. Which is no surprise. Though before that happened Townsend outplayed SJ more often then not.

Robbo has pushed Johnson to 5/8 - massive wrap for Robbo but not smart imo.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not far off the mark Frenz ��.

Not a fan of Barbie but also in the group who didn't rate TTG or Paris.

I did concede he might be a wing option. In all honesty, more a fan of him than of A Fifita. So you can work out what I think of him.

Diddly squat comes to mind haha

cb4

First Grade
Gasnier was injury prone.
Marshall was injury prone.
Dugan was injury prone.
Based on excuses over the past few years, Barba is injury prone.

Do you research before you post?

19 games last year, 2 suspended. 19/22 available
Season before played 25/26 available

His "injury prone" year at the dogs he played 17/24 available.

So no, he is not injury prone.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Do you research before you post?

19 games last year, 2 suspended. 19/22 available
Season before played 25/26 available

His "injury prone" year at the dogs he played 17/24 available.

So no, he is not injury prone.

Gasnier was injury prone.
Marshall was injury prone.
Dugan was injury prone.
Based on excuses over the past few years, Barba is injury prone.

Sharks utility Ben Barba is fully fit for the first time in a couple of seasons and has declared he has fallen back in love with football,

"He tried hard last year but he always had something wrong with him. He had a foot injury then a knee injury then had a back injury. He just couldn't get consistency in his training," Flanagan said.

Source

cb4

First Grade
He still played 19 games. This is the same argument about Steve Matai.

That isn't injury prone.

Latest posts