What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2022.

Trifili13

Juniors
Thats f---all & certainly not enough to garner any support for stadium reno's. Sharks still playing a dozen or so games out of Kogarah in 2022 ?
Totally agree. While a lot of us dream about the Dragon's playing all their games at Jubilee, it is simply not going to happen. So with 5 or 6 games a year and no obvious co-tenant, the govt is not going to spend millions renovating or rebuilding it. And I hope people don't say that local teams can use it as that does not pay the bills for running it. It is simply a waste of money and as a taxpayer I would be disappointed in a government wasting money like that.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Totally agree. While a lot of us dream about the Dragon's playing all their games at Jubilee, it is simply not going to happen. So with 5 or 6 games a year and no obvious co-tenant, the govt is not going to spend millions renovating or rebuilding it. And I hope people don't say that local teams can use it as that does not pay the bills for running it. It is simply a waste of money and as a taxpayer I would be disappointed in a government wasting money like that.
The crowds at Kogarah have been very low the last few years.

The crowds at Kogarah have been very low the last few years.
That's generally because the team has been going shit.
The more successful the team is on the field then aligns with better game scheduling, more free to air TV opportunities which leads to greater Sponsorship power. Unless you are a die-hard fan that attends each game crowd numbers can then be dependent on the team.winning.
Winning however starts in the front office and Boardroom. Our last 10 years of structure, vision, planning and decision making has poor hence why we haven't been successful.
I think we are now on a path to getting this improved so hoping for greater infield success this coming season. That will.get the crowds back.

thebigredv

First Grade
Cronulla, Manly and Souths all stand alone and thriving. Talk of Norths coming back in the near future. Now I can barely see my team play out of Kogarah in a nice stadium.

Feel well and truly dudded as a rugby league fan.

st.phil

Bench
why are the warriors still playing in Oz? their Vax rates are touching 90%... or are they going "full WA" re borders?

st.phil

Bench
That's generally because the team has been going shit.
The more successful the team is on the field then aligns with better game scheduling, more free to air TV opportunities which leads to greater Sponsorship power. Unless you are a die-hard fan that attends each game crowd numbers can then be dependent on the team.winning.
Winning however starts in the front office and Boardroom. Our last 10 years of structure, vision, planning and decision making has poor hence why we haven't been successful.
I think we are now on a path to getting this improved so hoping for greater infield success this coming season. That will.get the crowds back.
yep - get the team back in the finals and playing good footy and they will return. Until then - 8-12K range at both home grounds

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
It’s interesting that there is conflicting reports, I mean a 5pm (Qld time) Friday game at Redcliffe is a ridiculous idea. I know it’s a small ground but they’ll struggle to fill it at that time.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
i know 6 of us that are going there is alot of dragon supporters in and around redcliffe
Oh I know, I live in Brisbane and work not far from Redcliffe. I would be going too but it seems to have been moved to Saturday at Sunshine Coast Stadium. I have plans that evening.

What is interesting is this link is from 9 and it was SMH (who are owned by 9) who announced the Friday game earlier.