What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 assessment

eels bloke

Juniors
Given last year's run into the finals, this year's initial round 1 performance as follows. In the effort to win a premiership for the umpteenth time since '86 what's to convince me this team are capable/incapable this season? A few pointers actually... Still physically undersized. Bereft of heads up eyes up play on the run, looong kicking game in play lacks.
Where we can win it, ad lib ball passing, esp long passes are usually backed up / noticed. Fitness looks good, creativity might come into play late in games, goal kicking under pressure, speed. Full 80 mins enthusiasm, concentration, gamesmanship and organization to practice. C'mon parra

JokerEel

Coach
Given last year's run into the finals, this year's initial round 1 performance as follows. In the effort to win a premiership for the umpteenth time since '86 what's to convince me this team are capable/incapable this season? A few pointers actually... Still physically undersized. Bereft of heads up eyes up play on the run, looong kicking game in play lacks.
Where we can win it, ad lib ball passing, esp long passes are usually backed up / noticed. Fitness looks good, creativity might come into play late in games, goal kicking under pressure, speed. Full 80 mins enthusiasm, concentration, gamesmanship and organization to practice. C'mon parra

I Imagine reading all of this is the equivalent of having a conversation with a Vegan.

crocodile

Bench
It took us 34 years to get the chocolates. It's been 34 years since we last got the chocolates. Surely there's something in that.

T.S Quint

Coach
It’s a good thing this thread came along.
I don’t think there was anywhere we could discuss our round 1 game anywhere in here before.

Latest posts