What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Terepo will be there.
Why is wicks a certainty? Not like he set the world on fire last year.Id put him level with gower - Terepo - Alvaro at the moment and i reckon BA would to

Brad Arthur seems to love effort and experience in his forwards.

Eelogical

Referee
Looks like an even contest even allowing for final changes to both teams. I am thinking the difference might be the coaches and their tactics. Two different styles for sure. This is gonna be great!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Planning to head down to Red Hill early next week to heckle the Broncos while they are training. Hopefully Broncknob2010 is there.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
With this heat today i had a look at the weather for next Thursday. Its predicted to be 34 degrees during the day with it going down to around 28-29 at kick off. So pretty good conditions for hopefully a sell out crowd and an entertaining game.

Gronk

Staff member
Will be f**king hot in the Cronin Stand waiting for the sun to set.

yy_cheng

Coach
What did u guys think of Scott in the middle last week in the 2nd half? He was very lost in attack but I liked his mongrel and tenacity in defence in the middle.

lingard

Coach
Are you suggesting defence is the best form of attack?

Yes, it is. But in rugby league, attack is also the best form of defence. If you've got a good attack, hold the ball for most of your sets, and (particularly) score points, you'll have more possession and therefore won't have to do as much defensively. Of course, penalties comes into it, too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What did u guys think of Scott in the middle last week in the 2nd half? He was very lost in attack but I liked his mongrel and tenacity in defence in the middle.

He definitely is better on the edges, but his work rate is invaluable in the middle imo.

He really impressed me tbh.

phantom eel

First Grade
At least it was cooler in the Cronin Stand than where the RBB knobs rip the flares etc on the North Terrace!

hindy111

Post Whore
No pou is correct.Defense is best form.What happens when a team can bot score it frustrates them.Puts them off there game mentally.They start to take more risks or do things they dont normally do.You break their game plan.Errors creep in amd they self distruct.Eventually give up and you start to score points.4 feels like 10 etc...
If your attacks great but so is their own they will always feel like they are in the game and things are still working and have hope that you will make error.While they have hope they can still win.
Defense is key!!!

phantom eel

First Grade
If you put the word " blonde " after hot ....
Lets just say it would be romantic
She's all yours hindy....

horse-pbr.preview.jpg

yy_cheng

Coach
He definitely is better on the edges, but his work rate is invaluable in the middle imo.

He really impressed me tbh.

For mine, defending in the middle, gave us that Hindy type whereby very little will go through.

Kenny didn't do too bad on the right edge in defense.

I guess when Watmough is back, there is no need for Scott in the middle but how many games will Watmough actually play this year?

Latest posts