What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Player Votes: V Titans

Eelementary

Post Whore
3 - Reagan Campbell-Gillard: best forward on the park

2 - Clint Gutherson: started slowly, but made some huge plays.

1 - Ryan Matterson: very strong in the middle.

84 Baby

Referee
#f**k321

Gutho - rocks and diamonds. The rocks at least were simple errors and not brain explosions (can probably cut and paste that for most of team)
Russell - did as much in his half hour as Simonsson did in 80. Needs to work on some things to make him more effective winger
Blake - the only real defensive “error” I can remember was the bounce pass to Fifita end of 1st half, so that’s a good game for Blake defensively. Was fine in attack and then went missing a bit in reshuffle
Penisini - not as wow as last year. Didn’t stand out either way BUT that right side defence was a shambles. The opposite (Tits attack reset) was covered on the Nein coverage. If they got break down right, they were organised very next tackle to spread left. Our defence needs to read this and I reckon we should charge the young man with berating/leading his more experienced inside men to number up.
Simonsson - it was no Papali’i debut that’s for sure. The Sami try effort was inexcusable. A knock on would’ve been a better result.
Drown - was fine for the most part. Fifita eventually got past him, like he does to a lot of players. Really needs a breakout game. But yes honestly if Jrthur is in lineup, that’s unnecessary pressure.
Moses - similar to Gutho. Needs to be more involved through the 80 minutes and get his teammates up to his attack speed. Too many headless sets
RCG - MOM easily. Second stint intent won us the game. Others may have C next to their names but, as my son calls him, the moustache man is our example leader. He had no right to complete that tackle on Will Smith. And one for @Gazzamatta he played less than an hour, perhaps BA reads your posts. We still looked shit when he was off but…
Mahoney - f**k you. Decent game but especially after Hodgson injury news, I’m really going to find it difficult to have anything but “f**k you, Reed” as my assessment
Paulo - Tits contained him in attack fairly well. No offloads. I don’t know if it’s my perception since he was made captain but when I saw him on sideline second half ready to come on, I thought “good this will calm us down” and I thought it did.
Lane - Dear Sean Lame, please watch the replay of Shaun Lane from yesterday and aspire to be more like him. Not the MOM but heaps more positive intent both sides of the ruck. If he continues to play like that then he can accept the maybe fringe origin tag.
Papali’i - heaps of effort, painful execution at times. Another cut and paste from Gutho assessment. If that’s his worst game, he’s still better than half the comp.
Matterson - not particularly notable, which when he runs 100m and makes 20 tackles is fine, but he wasn’t really a point of difference that Nrown for better or worse can be.
Makatoa - I like him but he isn’t set in NRL IMO. This is the flip side @Gazzamatta if we’re managing RCG/Paulo workloads, it means we get 30 mins of meh.
Kaufusi - was superb when he first came on. Some real good runs. And then disappeared and I assumed he’d been subbed off (he hadn’t).
Stone - some good runs but was probably a little lucky with the captains challenge. And was usual self in defence, stinging but not a lot of volume.
Jrthur - “Best on ground” - BA prematch

strider

Post Whore
#f**k321

Gutho - rocks and diamonds. The rocks at least were simple errors and not brain explosions (can probably cut and paste that for most of team)
Russell - did as much in his half hour as Simonsson did in 80. Needs to work on some things to make him more effective winger
Blake - the only real defensive “error” I can remember was the bounce pass to Fifita end of 1st half, so that’s a good game for Blake defensively. Was fine in attack and then went missing a bit in reshuffle
Penisini - not as wow as last year. Didn’t stand out either way BUT that right side defence was a shambles. The opposite (Tits attack reset) was covered on the Nein coverage. If they got break down right, they were organised very next tackle to spread left. Our defence needs to read this and I reckon we should charge the young man with berating/leading his more experienced inside men to number up.
Simonsson - it was no Papali’i debut that’s for sure. The Sami try effort was inexcusable. A knock on would’ve been a better result.
Drown - was fine for the most part. Fifita eventually got past him, like he does to a lot of players. Really needs a breakout game. But yes honestly if Jrthur is in lineup, that’s unnecessary pressure.
Moses - similar to Gutho. Needs to be more involved through the 80 minutes and get his teammates up to his attack speed. Too many headless sets
RCG - MOM easily. Second stint intent won us the game. Others may have C next to their names but, as my son calls him, the moustache man is our example leader. He had no right to complete that tackle on Will Smith. And one for @Gazzamatta he played less than an hour, perhaps BA reads your posts. We still looked shit when he was off but…
Mahoney - f**k you. Decent game but especially after Hodgson injury news, I’m really going to find it difficult to have anything but “f**k you, Reed” as my assessment
Paulo - Tits contained him in attack fairly well. No offloads. I don’t know if it’s my perception since he was made captain but when I saw him on sideline second half ready to come on, I thought “good this will calm us down” and I thought it did.
Lane - Dear Sean Lame, please watch the replay of Shaun Lane from yesterday and aspire to be more like him. Not the MOM but heaps more positive intent both sides of the ruck. If he continues to play like that then he can accept the maybe fringe origin tag.
Papali’i - heaps of effort, painful execution at times. Another cut and paste from Gutho assessment. If that’s his worst game, he’s still better than half the comp.
Matterson - not particularly notable, which when he runs 100m and makes 20 tackles is fine, but he wasn’t really a point of difference that Nrown for better or worse can be.
Makatoa - I like him but he isn’t set in NRL IMO. This is the flip side @Gazzamatta if we’re managing RCG/Paulo workloads, it means we get 30 mins of meh.
Kaufusi - was superb when he first came on. Some real good runs. And then disappeared and I assumed he’d been subbed off (he hadn’t).
Stone - some good runs but was probably a little lucky with the captains challenge. And was usual self in defence, stinging but not a lot of volume.
Jrthur - “Best on ground” - BA prematch
TLDR;

3 - RCG
2 - Lane
1 - someone

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't give Moses points. He is meant to lead the side and keep them focussed. Set up a few tries but didn't steer us around the park

Latest posts