What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Saturday 10th March @ Perth Stadium v Warriors

Rabbits20

Immortal
Backing up a premiership with a first final exit is a failure.
Not in my eyes!!!

Any time we make a finals match I'll take it....

We were never in that game with a 9-1 penalty count against us and one of the worst refing performances I saw in my life..;

Pauly1

Juniors
Gee wiz, I don't mind eezing GI back into the game after a long break, but FMD did he play last nite??
1M salary cap sitting on him, With 1M you could buy the best player in the NRL and believe me IT AINT HIM.
Time to move him out to pasture after this season, together with the Burgi twins.If Sam doesn't like it, then he can join them

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gee wiz, I don't mind eezing GI back into the game after a long break, but FMD did he play last nite??
1M salary cap sitting on him, With 1M you could buy the best player in the NRL and believe me IT AINT HIM
You watching this Penrith match mate!!

If we dish that up it'll be very painful to watch and there will be a hostile environment with the very vocal Panthers members...

Pauly1

Juniors
You watching this Penrith match mate!!

If we dish that up it'll be very painful to watch and there will be a hostile environment with the very vocal Panthers members...
Its torture, especially knowing N Brown wanted to stay at Souths

callmack1

Staff member
That’s not the wrist slitting attitude Souths supporters are supposed to have!

Great points bro. George and Tom’s performance was definitely overlooked in all the negativity.

I think we actually have a solid prop rotation now. I’d be sticking with it for as long as possible. Hopefully we can bring it to the panthers next week. It’ll be tough as backing up but we’ve got a pretty decent record against the panthers.
Cheers.

Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping Musgrove can pull his socks up and really put pressure on all props though.

Penrith are gonna be so tough but I really hope we can put in an improved performance.

That was Daryl Brohman on radio!
Oh right, must have been watching a different game.

Well if we dish that up next week Penrith will get us!

With hard games coming up in a month against Dragons and Roosters these games like yesterday' are ones we can't afford to drop!

Murray needs more minutes!

My question is does Seibs know how to operate an interchange???'(not kidding. It's a serious question)??
You're 100% right bro, we can't afford another performance like the one last night and we must sort it out.

Seibold's bench rotation was a concern.

handyman2190

Bench
We'll have to agree to disagree re AJ, he shouldn't have been selected at fullback in the first place imo, need to get him out of there ASAP.
Agree AJ just isnt a FB plus you could see he is playing injured he should be rested for 2 weeks or put on the wing and yes gags FB hunt on

callmack1

Staff member
1M salary cap sitting on him, With 1M you could buy the best player in the NRL and believe me IT AINT HIM.
Time to move him out to pasture after this season, together with the Burgi twins.If Sam doesn't like it, then he can join them
Welcome to the forum mate.

I'm hoping we'll see him fire mid season.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Can certainly see who does and doesn't know their rugby league based off these responses.

This game was lost by our efforts, both attacking and (particularly) defensive in the middle third of the ruck.

Sam was the only one of our forwards to step up in that middle third in defence.

The Warriors ran all over us.

Out backline may have struggled in attack and our outside backs made some defensive errors, but none of that happens if our forwards do their jobs.

Sam made a couple of errors in attack, but was the only forward up to standard in defence.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Can certainly see who does and doesn't know their rugby league based off these responses.

This game was lost by our efforts, both attacking and (particularly) defensive in the middle third of the ruck.

Sam was the only one of our forwards to step up in that middle third in defence.

The Warriors ran all over us.

Out backline may have struggled in attack and our outside backs made some defensive errors, but none of that happens if our forwards do their jobs.

Sam made a couple of errors in attack, but was the only forward up to standard in defence.

To be fair I think having another forward on the interchange would’ve helped. We looked knackered after about 20 minutes in. I thought the twins and Nicholls played quite well. I have to agree with @Travitoh that it was the errors at crucial points in the game that really killed us. They just took their opportunities better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
To be fair I think having another forward on the interchange would’ve helped. We looked knackered after about 20 minutes in. I thought the twins and Nicholls played quite well. I have to agree with @Travitoh that it was the errors at crucial points in the game that really killed us. They just took their opportunities better.
To me it seems missing too many tackles was the problem!

Latest posts