What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Team

Tiger05

First Grade
Wests Tigers
1 James Tedesco
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Kevin Naiqama
5 Jordan Rankin
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Jack Littlejohn
8 Aaron Woods (c)
9 Manaia Cherrington
10 Tim Grant
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Chris Lawrence
13 Sauaso Sue

Interchange
14 Kyle Lovett
15 Josh Aloiai
16 Ava Seumanufagai
17 Jack Buchanan
18 Michael Chee Kam

Coach: Jason Taylor

Tiger05

First Grade
It looks pretty good to me. I'm worried if Cherrington can go for 80 but apart from that it's a good team. Brooks coming back could make a difference to the team.

Hopefully Siro has a blinder. I reckon we need him to have a big year.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Don't know if the team makes a lot of sense to me. I was hoping for 3 props on the bench. With the limited interchange we need 80 minutes off of Sirro and Lawrence this year. Sue will need a rest at some stage but two backrowers (especially Lovett) on the bench is a waste in my opinion.

gordsy

Juniors
Lovett , Buchanan and Sirro all named in the starting squad. That sums up our chances of being a competitive team any time soon....

macnaz

Staff member
We are screwed in 2016 if Bukaken and Lovett make our best 17 . F! M! D!

jadtiger

Juniors
We are screwed in 2016 if Bukaken and Lovett make our best 17 . F! M! D!
The main problem is that most people knew that Taylor would play his favourites Lovett being the main one and Buchanen is an unwelcome pick.

macnaz

Staff member
NEW YEAR AND ALL , I was hoping and being 100 % optimistic , BUT Seriously if thats the best we can muster i give the f**k UP! Where the hell did these selections come from , Trials ? Nines ? 2015 ? . Im just lost .
Mark Oneill get to your desk quick smart and fix this insane bullshit!

Tigerted

Juniors
Major Achilles heel re forwards & bench.We are cannon fodder for the majority of NRL teams.

We are 2 Gareth Ellis's short of being an NRL standard team that's genuinely capable of qualifying for the finals !

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm hoping Buchanan misses out.

Not wild on Lovett, but I've heard he has had a good off season..

I'm really looking at Sironen and Lawrence...

Need them both to surprise this year...

Tigerted

Juniors
The brilliant decision to allow the machismo Taupau to leave & recruit the injury riddled pensioner ballin is absolutely incomprehensible by this dysfunctional rabble of a club & the price we will pay is huge.Softest forward pack in the comp !

Tigerted

Juniors
There will be no surprises with sironen.He is totally crap.In contrast rowdy will bust his gut unlike some of the other fairies representing WT.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
just to put a positive spin on this..... I'm positive this will be a bad season.

we are probably 6 ploders too many for a good NRL team. I really hope Sironen finally has his break out season, Lawrence continues to improve as a forward, Lovett and Buchanan have figured out how to play football and Moses realizes that he won't get another contract with any NRL team if he doesn't show more then the 'potential' that we keep hearing about.

rant over but I'm not confident of a win until Farah gets back or when we play Titans in round 3 or Knights in round 6

macnaz

Staff member
Yep Rowdy will bust his gut no doubt but will trip over an ant on the 26m line and bruise that hammy again. :( But all good we have the dynamic Lovett and Bukake to break the line !

Tigerted

Juniors
Eddie lab we will struggle to beat either one of the other contenders for the spoon in rounds 3 & 6 as they r both away games & as we r all aware the '15 wooden spooners beat us both times in '15 in 2 of the worst games I've ever seen.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Eddie lab we will struggle to beat either one of the other contenders for the spoon in rounds 3 & 6 as they r both away games & as we r all aware the '15 wooden spooners beat us both times in '15 in 2 of the worst games I've ever seen.

And we had the best record against top 8 teams of all teams who finished outside the 8. We have the talent to match top teams when we're on, consistency is what it's all about with us. We're just as likely to come out and beat last years grand finalists as we are to make the Titans look like a top 4 team.

To me it's poor leadership. We cop tries against us in 2s and 3s way too easily. We don't regroup and after a bad missed tackle, dropped ball or horrible referee call against us. The heads go down and before you know it we've let in 18 points in 10 minutes.

I don't expect this to change in 2016. We'll lose more then we win, then out of nowhere beat a top 4 team by 20 points, everyone will say we've turned the corner and next year will be different. Then we'll parade Shaun Fensom and Gerard Beale as big offseason signings and watch in disbelief as Tedesco signs a big deal with the Roosters.

Tiger05

First Grade
Good to see some optimism on here. I reckon it's a good side. Our outside backs look good although I'm not sold on Rankin.

The starting pack could be great if Siro and Lawrence fire. I'm really hoping that they both do. I also think Ava is a gun and I'm hopeful Aloiai is also a quality player.

Tigerted

Juniors
That great win v Souths last yr was taupau's best game for us.We beat the dogs when they were missing there best 5 players.

The loss to the cows when they were @ there most vulnerable during origin @ Campbelltown was one of the worst games in the history of rugby league.This performance along with the 1st Newcastle game the 2nd half v Canberra @ leichhardt & the Penrith game when the genius Taylor moved Lovett to the centres in a huge speed mismatch are what we r used to & expect more of each season.Thats y I have no faith in this rabble !

Just a heads up, we are playing a team with Blake Ayshford in it. We can win, even if Teddy does a hammy in the warm up.