What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
It's nearly upon us.

To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the lineup will/could look like. I haven't followed the trials. So, let's start to put it all together.

I am imagining-

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Keighran
8- Ah Mau
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Papali'i
12- Harris
13- Blair

Res- Afoa, Burr, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita

hmmmm

Scott

Bench
It's nearly upon us.

To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the lineup will/could look like. I haven't followed the trials. So, let's start to put it all together.

I am imagining-

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Keighran
8- Ah Mau
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Papali'i
12- Harris
13- Blair

Res- Afoa, Burr, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita

hmmmm
Think you are right there - except Roache in for CHT.

Leber

Bench
Round one will prob be..

1 RTS
2 Fus
3 Kata
4 Hiku
5 Maumalo
6 Keighran
7 Green
8 Ah Mau
9 Roache
10 Paasi
11 Blair
12 Harris
13 Papali

14 Tevaga
15 Burr
16 Afoa
17 Lisone

Kearney will have a selection headache when Luke is back.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Round one will prob be..

1 RTS
2 Fus
3 Kata
4 Hiku
5 Maumalo
6 Keighran
7 Green
8 Ah Mau
9 Roache
10 Paasi
11 Blair
12 Harris
13 Papali

14 Tevaga
15 Burr
16 Afoa
17 Lisone

Kearney will have a selection headache when Luke is back.

Luke could be back for round one, though he’ll be short of a gallop. If so Roache or Tevaga drops off. Could see Pulu instead of Burr too. The others I think will be as you’ve stated,

sup42

Juniors
Well we know

1. RTS
2 Fus
3 Kata
5 Ken
7 Green

9 Luke

10 Ah Mau
8 Paasi

Those are the ones Kearney has said in the media will play those positions.

I didnt see any of the Dogs trial games ?

They always seem to really bother us, it's our historically weaker go forward that sees us come unstuck.

Really looking forward to seeing that gap close a little, though as someone already said LUKE will be short of a gallop, and hes crucial to our go forward.

Leber

Bench
Luke could be back for round one, though he’ll be short of a gallop. If so Roache or Tevaga drops off. Could see Pulu instead of Burr too. The others I think will be as you’ve stated,
The way Burr played in the trials Kearney would be a moron to exclude him.

sup42

Juniors
We're potentially looking at a total reversal of 2018's attack configuration, that's the elephant in the room many seem determined not to see ( as discussed addendum in the Kata thread).

I hope the Warriors pull the trigger and Papalii becomes Tohu, Tohu becomes Mannering, Kata becomes Hiku, Hiku becomes Kata....

Last edited:

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Warriors 12+

I'm gunna assume Luke won't play this one, even then that means that our bench will consist of:

Tevaga
Afoa
Burr
Satae
Lisone
Pulu

And when Luke comes back, add Roache to the list

Big Marn

Juniors
I would leave Blair out altogether if he missed the trial game due to a hamstring issue.
Hamstrings are notorious for recurring injuries if the original injury isnt fully healed.
If it happens early in the game, we are down 1 player and will f**k up the rotation.

I would leave Blair out altogether if he missed the trial game due to a hamstring issue.
Hamstrings are notorious for recurring injuries if the original injury isnt fully healed.
If it happens early in the game, we are down 1 player and will f**k up the rotation.
Isn't Greens also suspect?

sup42

Juniors
Agree. Blair out; Burr in.
But is it part of the process?
I really like what I saw from Burr.

But of all our borderline players in the trials I would say Sao would be the most deserving, out of all of the fringe forwards.

Burr would probably be next.

Head to head they are very different players, Sao goes straight at the line, Burr has late footwork and knows how to run a gap.

The good news of course is that those two offer a depth to our pack that wasn't there to the same degree last year.

Even Lisone played better in the trials than the year before, for all his faults he put in some large minutes.

Our fontline pack is gnarly and tough.

The replacements are decent.

Should be a strong season up front from the process . . . that will be a nice change.

Even someone as good as Pulu is going to have to fight it out to get a start.

Good times at the Warriors.