What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Blake to score a hat trick against Jennings. Eels have scored all the hat tricks Round 1 thanks to Semi. Its our fijians turn.

Edit
Actually who lines up where for Eels? Jennings was playing right side last year wasnt he? Hayne prefers right too I think.

Sadly Hayne might be the fijian most likely for a hat trick. If hes against Peachey I would almost think its a sure thing.

It should be Hayne Vs Peachey
and Blake vs Jennings.
I read somewhere Hayne was going to be on the right asleep.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Blake can best Jennings. But Hayne will best Peachey.

Although all 4 players are capable of both carving up and being carved up. If both teams spread the ball it could be like the Sunday game a few years back where both teams went try for try. Hayne and Jennings grabbed hat tricks IIRC. Although back then it was a good thing. Now it would suck

Edit
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2009/round-17/penrith-vs-parramatta/summary.html

Just Jenko. Hayne only scored one. Hayne was so good that year he carried just about the worst roster ever to play in a grand final.

mxlegend99

Referee
Surely our team cant repeat Round 1 last year.

Sold out game. Round 1. At home. Battle of the west. If one player looks like giving less than 100% they need to be dropped.

I can't handle us not giving 100% given everything that should be motivating us.

OldPanther

Coach
Surely our team cant repeat Round 1 last year.

Sold out game. Round 1. At home. Battle of the west. If one player looks like giving less than 100% they need to be dropped.

I can't handle us not giving 100% given everything that should be motivating us.

For sure. It's a huge occasion. Really hyped so it'll be disappointing if they don't put in.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Take out the Storm and the Cowboys, who I think are locks for 1st and 2nd, and the rest of the comp is wide open, as the results indicate. We had better show we mean business tomorrow.

Abacus

Juniors
Take out the Storm and the Cowboys, who I think are locks for 1st and 2nd, and the rest of the comp is wide open, as the results indicate. We had better show we mean business tomorrow.
Wait! We can now use round 1 results as a barometer for performance?!

BxTom

Bench
I don't think it's wise to base much on the first round. I consider the first 3-4 rounds as the silly season in NRL. After say 6-9 rounds, we should have a better idea of the teams and the players.

Tom.

BxTom

Bench
Happy game day Panther mates. Just getting ready then will do the drive down from the central coast. So hyped

REEEEOWW!

Would love to be there, but other commitments got in the way! It's a four hour drive for me, but I bought a Den membership and hope to make it to most home games. Hope all our fans go home ecstatic today! Go the Panthers!!!

Tom.

OldPanther

Coach
Would love to be there, but other commitments got in the way! It's a four hour drive for me, but I bought a Den membership and hope to make it to most home games. Hope all our fans go home ecstatic today! Go the Panthers!!!

Tom.

That's a shame. Hope you can make a fair few.

Same boat here - but trekking across the mountains. I've been nervous since Thursday, and really looking forward today.

Awesome. I know the feeling. Huge nerves.

Hopefully were all saying "yeah the boys" this afternoon.