What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

Panfa

Juniors
Edwards mansour whare blake zelezniak maloney cleary merrin yeo kikau tamou wallace campbell gillard harawira neara browne fisher harris peachey

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Unless they were to miss lots of tackles and make lots of errors. I doubt he did as instructed .

Can you name anyone who played worse in our trials? Hes not our worst player. Not even close. But he played worse than anyone else in those matches. Which to me says he doesnt give a shit.

James Tamou was never our worst either. He was just the worst value for money.

And ofcourse Peachey will be picked. No matter how badly he plays. He just might end up at Gold Coast early.

His instructions may well be, save your shoulders Tryone, I don’t care if you miss every tackle. Who knows.

I remember I played in a trail match (decades ago) and our coach told us that we weren’t to kick the ball in the 1st half and in the 2nd he had us deliberately dropping the ball in our own 20, because he wanted us to work on our goal line defence.

Now, I’m not suggesting any of this was what was going on with the guys over the trial games. I have know idea what was said to them and what the coaching staff wanted to work on.

All I will say is, Trial form means absolutely nothing and that injuries are all that matter.

I garuntee they will run out a much different team rnd 1. Too good a team not too.

mxlegend99

Referee
You would want to hope so. Reserve grade side beating us... if we dont improve on that we would lose every match by 50+.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
His instructions may well be, save your shoulders Tryone, I don’t care if you miss every tackle. Who knows.

I remember I played in a trail match (decades ago) and our coach told us that we weren’t to kick the ball in the 1st half and in the 2nd he had us deliberately dropping the ball in our own 20, because he wanted us to work on our goal line defence.

Now, I’m not suggesting any of this was what was going on with the guys over the trial games. I have know idea what was said to them and what the coaching staff wanted to work on.

All I will say is, Trial form means absolutely nothing and that injuries are all that matter.

I garuntee they will run out a much different team rnd 1. Too good a team not too.

Hope you're right. I'm counting down the days to this game haha.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That depends on where his head is at though.

I hope hes 100% here and thinking premiership. But his loyalties would atleast be partly divided now. Hes committed elsewhere.

That’s nonsense. He’s a Panther till he leaves next season. He has no loyalty to the Titans until he starts with them. He’s a professional athlete for pity sake.

mxlegend99

Referee
That’s nonsense. He’s a Panther till he leaves next season. He has no loyalty to the Titans until he starts with them. He’s a professional athlete for pity sake.
We refused to release him for this season (so far) and that's the only reason he's a Panther at all.

How can you be certain he wont phone it in like Mitchell Moses did for the Tigers? He was a 'professional athlete' aswell.

You can't. You have no idea just like the rest of ud. All we can judge him on is what he does for us on the field.

Right now our only preview of 2018 was trials where he was terrible.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We refused to release him for this season (so far) and that's the only reason he's a Panther at all.

How can you be certain he wont phone it in like Mitchell Moses did for the Tigers? He was a 'professional athlete' aswell.

You can't. You have no idea just like the rest of ud. All we can judge him on is what he does for us on the field.

Right now our only preview of 2018 was trials where he was terrible.

He’s signed a 1.5m 3 year contract with the Titans, starting next year. It’s all about money for Peachey and setting his family up. That deal is done.

Why does anyone think he now has some sort of allegiance to the Titans?? He’s just completed an off-season with his best mates and is about to start the year! All he would be worried about is winning the comp with the rest of his team mates. Not what his future team is up to.

mxlegend99

Referee
He’s signed a 1.5m 3 year contract with the Titans, starting next year. It’s all about money for Peachey and setting his family up. That deal is done.

Why does anyone think he now has some sort of allegiance to the Titans?? He’s just completed an off-season with his best mates and is about to start the year! All he would be worried about is winning the comp with the rest of his team mates. Not what his future team is up to.
They contradict each other. You claim to know his reasons for every decision.

Fact is that Titans can easily afford him in their current team and if he proves to be shit for us we might see a release as the best option. You think Peachey would say no to leaving now? I don't .

Between his money and Cartys money not being used in 2018, maybe we can top up Mansour and Clearys contracts this year and have them agree to extend for less.

Say Peachey is on $300k. But hes gone next year. Let him leave and give his contract. Minus the cost of a replacement. Likewise for Cleary with Cartys money.

Leave a spare $200k or so if a player becomes available we could use.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
They contradict each other. You claim to know his reasons for every decision.

Fact is that Titans can easily afford him in their current team and if he proves to be shit for us we might see a release as the best option. You think Peachey would say no to leaving now? I don't .

Between his money and Cartys money not being used in 2018, maybe we can top up Mansour and Clearys contracts this year and have them agree to extend for less.

Say Peachey is on $300k. But hes gone next year. Let him leave and give his contract. Minus the cost of a replacement. Likewise for Cleary with Cartys money.

Leave a spare $200k or so if a player becomes available we could use.

If they wanted Peachey’s money, they would have let him go this season.

Gus stated to the media that we need him this season, but we could match the Titans offer and he didn’t want to jeopardise Tyrone’s future, so he would be free to leave at the end of the season.

Peachey signed the contract to start next season.

Why read anymore into it.

OldPanther

Coach

Gus stated to the media that we need him this season, but we could match the Titans offer and he didn’t want to jeopardise Tyrone’s future, so he would be free to leave at the end of the season.

Probably because he couldn't do it for this year as he was contracted with us. we won't see until the season but he might not actually be happy here or it could be as you suggest. Point is both sides are conjecture and valid points of view.

mxlegend99

Referee

Theoretically our roster cant get stronger if we let him go..but if he doesnt try for us we can release him and use that money to strengthen our future.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachey has given us 110% every time he’s run out for us. No reason to think that will change.
He didnt in the trial matches. If that was his best he needs dropping for other reasons.

And he has never signed with another club before.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He didnt in the trial matches. If that was his best he needs dropping for other reasons.

And he has never signed with another club before.

Holy shit.... enough with the bloody trial games... no one played well... do we drop all of them???